Photo

iBlog Pro 4 - changed one slide as draft and all slides and fboxes gone!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 madmacman

madmacman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:01 PM

Greetings, we using iblog pro since 1-1/2 years now and never had an issue , great theme. But 2 days ago we changed one slide to draft and whooops all of our slides and fboxes are gone and the dropdown menu doesnt work anymore. Mmmhhh we have a backup service but even after our host (apparently )restored the files still the same. Home button icon gone, not to sure what causes the issue. Help be much appreciated or if one can point us to where the data for the fboxs and sliders is located and we can try to get it going again.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16555 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:20 PM

Hi, Sorry to hear about your issue. Can you try disabling all active plugins and see if this resolves the issue please.

#3 madmacman

madmacman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:35 PM

Hi Danny, i have disabled all plugins manually (via Ftp renamed folder) as we cannot log in to WP-admin. Reinstalled theme manually but no joy. or shall delete the plugins in the plugin-folder to disable them as i was under the impression when renamed the plugin within the plugin-folder the plugin is disabled as the file-path is not right anymore? thank you very much for your help

#4 madmacman

madmacman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:31 AM

all up and running again after deleting all folders under public html and the database and manually importing in php-myadmin the database and restoring the public_html all up and running again. thank you for looking into it Danny

#5 madmacman

madmacman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:44 AM

upps spoke to early, site was working but had only one slide , i've seen in the wp-admin under Feature Setup all slides and F-boxes but they are not showed on the frontpage and had not the save as draft ticked. So i clicked on save setup and whoooops the website doesnt show anymore and want to download instead the gzip file. Also the site has been up and running for over one year and no plugins have been added. Anybody?

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16555 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:36 AM

Hi, I am not able to reproduce this error. I installed iBlogPro 4, set a page to use the Feature template and then saved. I viewed the page and the features were working as intended, I then set one of the sliders to draft and then refreshed my page again. The sliders were still working as intended. Are you sure you have disabled all active plugins and also not made any changes to the core files ?

#7 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16555 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:36 AM

**Update I have just visited your website again and noticed that your sliders are working again, did you resolve the issue and if so what was the cause ?