Photo
- - - - -

Display my custom post type excerpts using sections on the home page?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gamblelyn

gamblelyn

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:21 PM

I'm using platfom pro, and have created (written the code) for my own custom post types. What is the best way to display them, I want to show several excerpts for each of the custom post types that I have created on my home page. Is it a new section? Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to do this? Thanks

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:25 PM

Since you say you're using PlatformPro, not PageLines Framework, our documentation for the older product ishttp://www.pagelines.com/docs/ <-- located here. It sounds more like you're trying to create a hook than a section, since your custom post types seem to be part of the loop, unless I'm mistaken. If you're trying to put the data into a widget, then yes, a section is applicable.

#3 gamblelyn

gamblelyn

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:19 PM

Thanks, I'm using the most recent version of PageLines Professional Edition, sorry, is there a tutorial for that one to display several different custom post types on the homepage? Yes, the custom post type is part of the loop, so perhaps a hook would be correct.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:26 PM

I'm not sure. But our Wiki has a great search tool, so I'd suggest for PageLines Framework (Pro Edition) you check

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

There are plugins out there that help you create custom post types, taxonomies and display them in posts or pages easily. I'm not sure if that would work for you. Unfortunately, I don't know how to make a hand-crafted custom post type appear on a post/page as I'm not a developer. You'd need one of those guys. We have a few available for special projects at

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content