Photo
- - - - -

Does WPML work with Pagelines Framework?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Sourena

Sourena

Advocate

• Members

• 563 posts
  • LocationWilliamstown, MA
  • Framework Version:2.4.1

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:18 PM

I tried to use WPML work on Pagelines Framework but could not figure out how to make it work. Any guideline on this? I remember I read somewhere that Pagelines works with WPML but I noticed yesterday that the theme is not included among the supported themes on WPML website. I have also problems with qTranslate. Any suggestion for creating multilingual websites?

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:16 PM

Some people have absolutely no problem with it, right out of the box. However, others seem to have issues with WPML, particularly if they're using sliders, boxes or other custom post types and don't check the settings are done properly. WPML will sometimes duplicate these as it tries to reproduce them for translation. My best suggestion for multilingual sites is manual conversion with an actual translator (human) to ensure that the alternate language is saying what you want, lest you offend the people with whom you're trying to communicate.

#3 Sourena

Sourena

Advocate

• Members

• 563 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:30 PM

Rangelon, WPML always duplicates the post, and it is made to work for a manual conversion with an actual translator (human). It does not automatically translate the posts.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:09 AM

I understand. The issue, and I'm sorry to have clouded it with my opinion, was that WPML has conflicts with PageLines because of custom post types. Apparently they don't always work properly together and after asking our developers, there doesn't appear to be a solution available at present. I just helped another client with this same issue. Apologies if I created any confusion.

#5 Sourena

Sourena

Advocate

• Members

• 563 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:33 PM

Is there any work-around? Can we change anything to make them work together?

#6 dnnyboy

dnnyboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4.4

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:24 PM

We use WPML on our PageLines site. It's not without challenges, but overall it works great.

#7 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:29 PM

Yes PageLines has been coded to be WPML compatible.

#8 Sourena

Sourena

Advocate

• Members

• 563 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:00 AM

Ok. I found the problem: Post Types Order plugin. I disabled it and everything worked. Apparently there is an incompatibility between that plugin and WPML. I contacted the plugin developer about it. He was very quick in response. HE said that the plugin does not work with WPML but the "Advanced" version of the plugin does. I bought that and it still didn't work. But after my second contact with the developer he immediately fixed the problem. Now everything works fine.

#9 WebWerx

WebWerx

Advocate

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Framework Version:2.2

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:41 PM

It's been a while since there has been a post regarding PL & WPML compatibility. So I thought I'd comment on this post in order to keep the conversation going. What is the latest compatibility status of the PL Framework & WPML?  :phew:

#10 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

Fully compatible, but like anything else, always subject to the whims and caprices of plugins.

Hope you're well!

• WebWerx likes this

#11 WebWerx

WebWerx

Advocate

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Framework Version:2.2

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

Fully compatible, but like anything else, always subject to the whims and caprices of plugins.

Hope you're well!

Well, I'll be giving it a whirl very soon...... Yes I am well... And I see that you are still cooking up the proverbial storm!

#12 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:49 PM

Excellent, let us know how you get on :-)