Photo

Going Directly To An External Webpage By Clicking On The List Of Subpages

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 tsilloh

tsilloh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:04 PM

I would like users to go directly to an external webpage by clicking on one of the subpages in the drop down list of subpages rather than going to the subpage and then clicking on an image or some text to get to the external webpage. Is that possible? How is that done?

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:38 PM

Yes it's possible. If you go to the top of your screen, click "Screen Options" and under "Show advanced menu properties", check Link Target. Close Screen Options by clicking that tab again. Use custom links in Appearance > Menus. Just add the external links (the URL). In each menu item created, you'll now be able to open a link in a new window or tab by checking a box inside each link. Save. Make the links child pages by indenting them.

#3 tsilloh

tsilloh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:47 AM

Rangelone, Thank you for the prompt response. I have printed your instructions and will use them tomorrow. I will let you know how I did, "Accept" your answer, and click the "Thanks" button when I get done.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15900 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:17 AM

@tsilloh Did Rangelone's suggestion work for you ?

#5 tsilloh

tsilloh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:31 AM

Rangelone, Many thanks. It took me a little while to understand how Appearance > Menus works, but I finally got it. I had to experiment a bit before I could really understand what you told me. Thanks for a good answer to my question.