Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How to add a lightbox video to BOXES

8 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I wondered if someone can help me. How to add a lightbox function to Boxes Section using video from Vimeo or Youtube? My website that im building is on my local drive, so im unable to send link out until it goes live. Ive added the url to the lightbox ive been testing. Thanks ddyer

Posted · Report post

Hi, Not quite sure what you mean. Are you suggesting that you wish to click on a box and a YouTube/Vimeo video will popup, is this correct ?

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny Yes please see link for example [url]http://videolightbox.com/mac-template.html[/url].

Posted · Report post

Are you using a plugin for your lightbox? Most of these have shortcodes that you can use.

Posted · Report post

Yes the code and plugin is working. Is it possible to use the code with the boxes section. example formula of the plugin they recommend. [video_lightbox_youtube video_id=XX width=640 height=480 anchor=YY]

Posted · Report post

That should work but I'm not sure how it would appear inside the box. Does the plugin apply an image or something on a site where the shortcode is placed? If so, what size is that?

Posted · Report post

Yes an image can be added.

Posted · Report post

What size is the image that's added? Does it match the size of the video? That would break the box or just not show up.