Facebook Link Title and Thumbnail Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 justfitness

justfitness

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:51 PM

Hi, I'm not great at this stuff so please bare with me :) When I paste the url of one of my pages into facebook the link title doesn't come up how I'd like it, it shows "Page: 1" in the title. Also it only pulls up default pagelines thumbnails and not any images I have on that page, or the featured image. Just wondering how I can fix this, I think it happens on a couple of pages, but most are fine. Here's the specific page:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:31 PM

Are you using any SEO plugins?

#3 justfitness

justfitness

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:06 PM

Hi, Yes I'm using 'All in One SEO' I have filled in the info on that, but it hasn't seemed to help :(

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:53 PM

I believe Facebook formats information and provides tools you may use to structure how your information appears. We don't format the information for Facebook. I use leenk.me (

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

) which does allow me to format my Facebook postings. It's very inexpensive and worth the price. To clarify, FB picks up the thumbnail (a WordPress function, not PageLines). I have never seen Facebook pick up post images from any WordPress site. It's not designed to do that. You, however, may post photos from your posts to FB and can add comments linking where they came from. Unfortunately all this is non-PageLines and should be addressed directly with Facebook or reviewed by reading their manuals or instructions.