Photo
- - - - -

MUD help please!! I'm stuck!! hahaha stuck in mud, get it? oy.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 nanu

nanu

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:18 PM

HI there, Mmkay. I installed the MUD theme by clicking on the link from the store but it didn't install the theme settings (as in display) so after a week of waiting for answers from the forum and theme designer, someone else who ran into the prob to me I had to go to the import/export tab and import the MUD settings so I did and it overwrote everything. Long story short it wasn't as I had expected and I tried to reset Pagelines without the MUD and I have everything sorted but for the life of me I can't get the Content to show! I have a 'Home' page set static for the Landing but it won't show. Everything else is fine. Baffled=My face. It's loveissymmetry.com It just took so long to get it set up and when I finally did there was a lot more to be done, my bad but the new framework is so easy now for beginners like moi it's silly to muck around with something that would need more help that I obvi wasn't going to get! Apologies. Here is the advice I was given to correctly install the MUD settings that I applied: "That may well be a bug, as the same thing has just happend to me. All you need to do is go to: Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Dashboard > Import/Export and PageLines Import Settings. Simply use the Choose File button to locate the MUD file on your hard drive. Once found, simply click on the Import Settings To Install." I haven't gotten into any code or anything so this must be a relatively easy fix. As far as I can tell the template setup is correct as I had it prior to trying out the MUD. Thank you for any help!! PLease let me know what else you need to assist.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15084 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:01 AM

Hi, So the issue you're having is that your content is not displaying? If this is correct, go to Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop and then select all the templates and make sure that in: Page Template (so it highlights Blue) - That the Content Section is active. Content Area (so it highlights Blue_ - Make sure the Postloop Sectio is active. Page Template area -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Content Area -

#3 nanu

nanu

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:45 PM

Hi Danny, Thank you for your reply, but yes, it's set up exactly as you said. Face=still baffled. What do I doooooooo I've been in the chat help whatever room many times as well and haven't been able to find anyone who knows and no response from commenting on the MUD theme page itself either.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:14 PM

Questions: 1. Do you have any pages or posts? If so, provide a sample link to one of each. 2. On the homepage, is it a static page? If so, did you also create a blog page? What's the link to that? 3. If the homepage is static, it would not show the posts. That would be the blog page. However, if it's not static and posts are not showing (if there are any) then you may have hidden the content via the meta settings. Can you let us know what you've done, so we can identify the best solution or cause.

#5 nanu

nanu

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:59 PM

HI! Mmkay. Homepage is static and yes I also have Blog pages.

(home) (not showing)

(blog page example) thank you for your advice!

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:21 PM

Okay. You seem to have misunderstood. Let me clarify. A blog page is a static page on which posts (the posts you create) show up in a list form. This is a blog page:

this is a static homepage:

and

is a post. So, did you create a blog page? It would be a totally blank page, using the template you prefer, that picks up the content list (posts) automatically. I do not see a link to such a page. Since the static homepage does not show posts, it's actually performing correctly, as is the MUD theme.

#7 nanu

nanu

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:19 PM

The static homepage showing my content is now performing correctly- Dannys advice to make sure the post loop was active was indeed what the problem was!! MUD changed it for the template 1 and I was looking at default checking the post loop yet had my Home page set to static with template 1, not default! My bad. I just went and checked over Template 2s settings and changed the Home page to that, and presto =) All fixed now. From your blog page advice I know what you mean though I do not have one, I'm not sure how it applies to the home/static Page issue? I still don't have one and it's back to the way it was as per Danny.. It's neither here nor there! Thank you for your time! Can't believe that took over a week to get help with though as it was pretty damn simple as I suspected ;)