Photo

Mobile Supersize height

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 create0605

create0605

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:56 PM

Hello When viewing my site on mobile the supersized image doesn't go full height. When you scroll down it has a thumb lengths white screen which is from the body.fixed_width. I did try install the Browser Specifics Css and changing the .mobile code, but nothing Please help as would like to view this full screen on mobile.

#2 Stefan

Stefan

Business Manager

• Administrators
  • 158 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:31 AM

Hey there, Did you manage to figure it out? Just checked on the iPad and the website seems fine. However, if you want to make browser-specific CSS changes, check out this class list: http://www.pagelines...ficcss:MainPage

#3 create0605

create0605

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:07 AM

Hello Works perfectly my computer, iPad but not iPhone . No have not worked it out. Spent a few hours trying things but nope. I can get the white to change to another colour but just need my image to be full height. Argghhhhhhh

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16555 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:12 PM

Hi, Would it be possible to take a screenshot of this please. As my phone is in for repair and when using the RWD Booklet, your site looks fine. http://ipod.about.co...-screenshot.htm

#5 create0605

create0605

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:39 PM

Hello Heres a link to the photo www.purelydomesticcleaning.co.uk/photo.PNG You will see the white space, this is what happens when you start to scroll. Thats the colour of my body background which should not be showing. Also it does not matter if I disable mobile settings, it does the exact same thing. Image does not stay full width as you can see Thanks,

#6 Jackey

Jackey

Advocate

• Members

• 685 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:20 PM

Here is one as well, as you can see, the background-image is truncated at the bottom:

Posted Image

#7 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:33 PM

Have you tried setting a negative bottom margin in the browser specific css for iphone? More information is at http://www.pagelines...ficcss:MainPage

#8 create0605

create0605

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:06 PM

Hello What css would you type ? as don't have firebug on the phone cant see what area to change Thanks,

#9 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16555 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:53 AM

@create0605 I have just looked on my old iPhone and I am not seeing what you're shown in the image you linked. I have no white space or background at the footer, what I am seeing is your image stop and then the background is a dark turquoise color. @jackey When I view your site on my iPhone in portrait your website looks fine. However, when I change from portrait to landscape, I get what is in your image above. I will bring this to the attention of our developers and see if this is a bug or not.

#10 create0605

create0605

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:11 PM

Hello It has been weeks and still not resolved my problem. I tried it on a few websites, no matter when you have a supersized image when you scroll a cm of the body appears. Can anyone help please ?? Thank you

#11 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:07 PM

Hi there, How big is the image you're supersizing (width, height).... I remember a while back that anything over a a set amount would cause this issue. I can't be a 100% sure as I can't find the post which mentioned this. But try shrinking the image size, if that doesn't work you can always change it back :)