24 replies to this topic

#21 rkazantsev

rkazantsev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:58 PM

Yes fingers crossed, I will continue to experiment with other work around in case he is unsuccessful. Its odd that no one has tried to do what I am doing.

#22 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:37 AM

Hi, So I see you got this to work with the Feature slider which is what I was going to do. Unfortunately, there is no way to get this to work with the QuickSlider, I gave it a go but it just wasn't designed to be used like this. If you wish to have a Quick Slider style feature with your code above, you can contact one of our pros and see if they can assist you. http://www.pagelines.com/pros/ I apologise I couldn't be more helpful but the Quick Slider was designed to get a slider up on your site as quick as possible and was not designed to be used in the way you want :(

#23 rkazantsev

rkazantsev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:14 PM

So let me ask you Danny or anyone, what is the best approach for what I am trying to do. My goal is to have the home page with that html image, post under that then 4 boxes. Exactly the way the site is currently but using the html vs the image. Should I create a page and make that the home page (static)? if so would I still be able to have the post and boxes under it. Also can i remove the title from the page?

#24 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:41 PM

You should try creating a regular page with the image map and make that page a static home page. You would be able to have Boxes underneath, but I'm not sure about the posts. You can hide the title on the page, as well.

#25 rkazantsev

rkazantsev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:59 PM

Thanks EVERYONE, I think I will go with the workaround 1. Create page with HTML content 2. Set the page as static (home page) I have a few more questions but Ill open new discussion