Editing the BrandNav

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tlctranslation

tlctranslation

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:31 PM

Hi, I added a brandnav above the nav and used another forum tutorial to add content to the left of my logo in the brand nav. However, on my brandnav to the left appears my links (home, about us, etc) that is on my nav bar already. Instead of having those links on my brand nav I just want to add text (and keep my nav bar untouched). I want my logo and to the right of that text (instead of links) and on my nav (underneath my brandnav) the links. How can I add text in brandnav and delete those links? THANKS! I am using MUG

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:10 PM

To clarify: So in place of brandnav, you want text? Therefore, the rand nav is no longer needed?

#3 tlctranslation

tlctranslation

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:36 PM

I saw in one of the forums that another user wanted their logo and then on the right side in front of their logo, their email. They used the brand nav. I pretty much want the same, expect that instead of the email, if possible, I would like to add some text. I also changed to pagelines themes since I bougth the professional framework but I am having problems with it (already getting help for that). Don't know if that matters for the code. If this is not possible, and if we get the Professional framework to work, I wanted to add a column on the left side where I could have the logo instead of the horixontal placement in the header (our logo is vertical).

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:43 PM

Ah, I see what you mean. I think it'd be possible to add the text you want by using a hook. Have you used hooks before?

#5 tlctranslation

tlctranslation

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:45 PM

No, I haven't. I tried looking at some of the forums but I got more confused.

#6 tlctranslation

tlctranslation

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:27 PM

I guess I used a hook in order to get the nav bar there but I just copied the code and hook that was givent o the other user. However, I do not know/understad how is it that it copies the links from teh nav bar there since I did not add any extra info. Hence, why I am not sure what hook and where i need to add or change now if I only want text