Photo

Issues with Footer on EcoPro 1.2.4

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 danielputumayotourscom

danielputumayotourscom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:08 PM

Under Pages and Stay in Touch in the footer, all the pages show up. Is this a known issue?

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:42 PM

It's just the way that the WP3.0 menus are set up. Those two locations are actually "theme locations" for the nav. So you can create a custom nav that's related to "pages" and one related to "staying in touch" and then assign those created menus to the appropriate theme location. Does that make sense?

#3 glassbrige

glassbrige

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 11:23 AM

Is there a way to replace "Stay In Touch" with just posts in reverse chronological order, and not displaying pages?

#4 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:57 PM

You could edit the footer.php file to make this adjustment OR you can drag the appropriate widgets into the footer but you'd have to replace all 5 to get filled all the way in if that makes sense. You'll see what I'm talking about if you try it out. Let me know if you want to mod the template file.

#5 danielputumayotourscom

danielputumayotourscom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:13 AM

I don't really want to worry about it. Will it be resolved in the 1.3.release? Thanks, Daniel

#6 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:17 AM

I don't know if there is quite anything to be "resolved", it's just the way it works, and you would like to do something different and custom with it. I don't think it'll be any different on future versions. You could always hide the footer altogether, it doesn't even need to be used. But, if you'd still like to do something specific with it, please re-explain in more detail what all you want to do with the footer and please provide a live link to your website. Thanks, Bryan