Photo
- - - - -

Platform Pro - How to make feature boxes inline with side bar?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 robertph

robertph

• Members

• 7 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:07 PM

Hello, Does anyone know how to make the feature boxes inline with a left hand side menu? I've tried a few CSS tweaks, but cannot seem to make it happen. I can't figure out how to get them from being on a new line, and full page width. Here is how it currently is: Here is what I am after: With the feature boxes inline with the sidebar as the content box is. Even if I increase the height of the side bar, change the feature box CSS to inline, and decrease the width of that, they still want to go to a new line. Does anyone know how to make this happen? Thanks

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:56 PM

I'm not exactly certain how this could be done. With the way the page is structured, I think you'll need a more in-depth customization than CSS tweaks since no matter where you try to re-position the sidebar, it may not always appear correctly on the browser.

#3 robertph

robertph

• Members

• 7 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:05 PM

I may have found a way... But I'm not sure if it is the best way... I added a custom CSS style: #boxes .dcol_container_3{width: 750px; float: right;} Where the width is the width of the feature boxes on the page. Seems to work okay. Any comments to using this method? I don't anticipate on suddenly changing the layout of the site once it is finalized. But I can see this possibly being an issue if I ever needed to put feature boxes on a full width page for example.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:25 PM

That looks to be a decent solution. Is it just the sidebar position you need help with?

#5 robertph

robertph

• Members

• 7 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:21 PM

As I suspected, in any other layout this method does cause a problem. But I will probably use feature boxes for my specific left-hand side bar, and Soapboxes for other layouts. Thanks!

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:51 PM

Okay, do you need assistance with anything else?