posts in category page magazine mode

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 dekoff

dekoff

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:38 PM

How can i insert posts in a category on a page in magazine mode? I want the page to look just like

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

minus the post named: "Layout Test" and "Special Page Handling". How can i create this page? I have the pagelines professional edtion.

#2 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2078 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:58 PM

A first help Go to Pagelines > Site Options > Blog And Posts and select the difference options as you like You create an empty page and put a name like "blog" or something you like and them go to Dashboard > Setings > Reading and select at Front page displays > A static page (select below) > Posts page: "blog"

#3 dekoff

dekoff

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:15 PM

Hi Batman, Thanks for your respons! -nice- Pagelines > Site Options > Blog And Posts - I have my post layout mode on Magazine layout mode - Feature Post Excerpt Mode : Left Justified - Configure Full Width Post Metabar : Configure Full Width Post Metabar (but i dont know exactly what this means) - Clip Excerpt Mode : Left Justified - Full Width Posts (Magazine Layout Mode Only) : 0 (if i place this on 2 it will be like the "Layout Test" and "Special Page Handling", right?) - Post Thumbnail Placement : all checked. - Post Excerpt or Summary Handling : - categroy lists - Full Post Content : non checked. - Allow Tags in Excerpt : Nothing in it.. Front page displays > A static page (select below) > Posts page: "blog" - This is only for the home page, right? I want this for every page in my menu. If you go to my page

( i hope this link is alowd) u see a costum code from the plugin post to page [ posts-to-page cat_ID = 27 ] and now i want i to look just like the demo page. Is there something i do wrong? Or do you need to know more info about my settings?

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:16 PM

Front page displays > A static page (select below) > Posts page: "blog"
- This is only for the home page, right? I want this for every page in my menu.

To clarify, you'd like the same posts page formatting to be present on all pages even though those pages are normal pages instead of blog pages?

#5 dekoff

dekoff

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:28 PM

I hope i read your english right (this is the biggest issue for me in understanding wordpress). And i think it is what you say. This is a loop from categories, right? Can i create this on al the subpages? -thanks for responding!-

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:35 PM

What kind of subpages are you referring to, though? Are they regular child pages?

#7 dekoff

dekoff

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:27 PM

Hi Catrina, They are regular child pages. When there is no static homepage you get two columns with the latest post. On a regular page, you get one columm and the posts are after a other. I want to display two post beside eachother like a magazine. I hope so that anyone can help me. Greetz, Ren?©

#8 dekoff

dekoff

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:10 PM

I've seen the next text and this is how de posts will show on the main page half-width post clips. I'want this also on normale pages.

#9 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15788 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:39 AM

Hi, The page you are trying to recreate on -

Is simply a page called Blog, which has been set in the Wordpress Admin Dashboard > Settings > Reading > Static Page > Post Page and has Magazine mode enabled, with two full width posts set. The full width post settings currently doesn't work on Category or Archives pages. As you can see from here:

However, I have brought this to our developers attention and hopefully this feature may be added in the future.

#10 dekoff

dekoff

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:28 AM

Hi Danny, Thanks for your answer. Aha i get it. So i want something that is not a standard option? :D But when i copy the

). Is there any way i can adjust this to categories? " However, I have brought this to our developers attention and hopefully this feature may be added in the future. " Thanks, for bringing it to the developers attention :) Best Regards, Sandra.

#11 dekoff

dekoff

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:35 AM

Hello there again :) I have another question. I have checked the magezine mode in the site options - blog and post. that i understand is only for the homepage. right? When you go to the page options i see the following options: Site Defaults Blog Page Archive Page Category Page Search Results Tag Listing Author Posts 404 Page Vanilla Mediawiki I guess these are the page types right? So actually what i want to create are category pages with posts in the page. And when i go to the template set up i see all the page options and 5 templates. When i click on one of the templates i can insert content options. And i see on the right another content area. and have another choise of options. But when i want to make a new page i can only choose for one of the five templates.. And not one of the page options. And i do not have the choise to set the content area.. This i think is a bit strange. Or pherhapse i'm doing something wrong. But when you have all the options, like page options and template options. Why cant i choose one of them when i make a new page? Can you tell me more about that? And if i can not choose the page options when i start a new page, where can i choose one of the options? Best regards, Sandra. ;;)

#12 winemonkey

winemonkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:34 AM

Hi,

Has this been resolved? My Post page (

) is displaying fine in Magazine mode but my Category page (

) just won't display the same way.

#13 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:09 AM

Actually you appear to have only one post in that topic. That is in magazine mode. You may have the sidebar hidden in Page Options, preventing you from seeing the sidebar, and making it look like it's full width. Rest assured, that's a magazine mode post. Category pages are always in magazine mode by default.

#14 winemonkey

winemonkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:14 AM

I fixed the sidebar.... but why aren't the posts in full width (

) like on this page (

)

#15 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15788 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:45 AM

Hi,

The filter should have been added now to core. So can you add this code to your child themes function.php file or if you're using the PageLines Customisation plugin, add it to the plugins functions.php file.

#16 winemonkey

winemonkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:12 PM

Works perfectly. Thanks again.

#17 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15788 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:37 AM

The topic was marked as resolved.

#18 dgsarnow

dgsarnow

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

@PageLines Rockstar is it possible to apply this filter to specific categories rather than all of them?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved