Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

NavBar position

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi folks! I would like to put the navbar of my website just next to the logo as Pagelines does. Is there a simple way to do this? Thanks

8 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi Bosket, Yeah there is, simply login to your Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Drag and Drop and then in your header template, move the navigation section below your Branding section. Once that is complete, simply refresh your website and your navigation should be below your logo.

Posted · Report post

Perhaps I didn't explain myself well. I actually would like to spit my page in two different and specific parts: the first should contain the header (which should include the logo on the left and the navbar on the right, beside the logo) and the second, separated from the first, that should be reserved to the content of my page itself.

Posted · Report post

Instead of using the regular main navigation, you can use the BrandNav (this navigation aligns to the right by default and you can move it down if you want).

Posted · Report post

OK. Perfect! That works! Thanks! May I ask how to separate the BrandNav from the content section (the rest of page)? ... And also how to modify the BrandNav section background color.

Posted · Report post

By separate from the content section, do you mean you just want to reposition it? As for the menu item background color, please try this code: [code]div.brandnav-nav.main_nav.fix ul#menu-nav ul.main-nav li.page_item {background-color: #XXXXXX;}[/code] Replace #XXXXXX with the hex code for the background color you want.

Posted · Report post

It doesn't work. By separate I mean I would like the background page image to be seen between the brandnav section and the content area. Did I make myself clearer now? Thanks a lot for keeping on helping me!

Posted · Report post

You can try add in PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code > CSS Rules For the menu item background color, please try this code: [code].main-nav .current-menu-ancestor a, .main-nav li.current-menu-ancestor ul a, .main-nav li.current_page_item a, .main-nav li.current-menu-item a, .main-nav li.current_page_parent a, .sf-menu li li, .sf-menu li li li {background: red;}[/code] You may also use color codes there, such as #C00000 , if you wish to use more specific colors. If you want the same color or background page, change for: [code].main-nav .current-menu-ancestor a, .main-nav li.current-menu-ancestor ul a, .main-nav li.current_page_item a, .main-nav li.current-menu-item a, .main-nav li.current_page_parent a, .sf-menu li li, .sf-menu li li li { background: transparent;}[/code]

Posted · Report post

Hi bosket, Did Batman's suggestion work for you ?