Background image problem

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 hotshoe

hotshoe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:13 PM

I'm running a fixed site template and for some unknown reason I cannot get a background image to supersize and/or be fixed. I've tried different options but it either doesn't display or it displays and scrolls Tried the usual plugin shutdown, etc. but nothing. I even tried adding the code directly into my custom css. Appreciate your help.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:21 PM

The image appears to be supersizing, but I think you need to tile vertically or make a much longer background image. Just out of curiosity, did you want the black background to bleed out of the border?

#3 hotshoe

hotshoe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:51 PM

The background content bleed is another problem I'm working on. ;) The main background isn't fixed at all in Safari and in IE8 it strangely is fixed on every page except for my home page.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:48 PM

IE8 doesn't use HTML5 or CSS3, so we need to discount that one altogether. Safari is not a browser I use at all, but if it doesn't support those things, you'll have issues with it. Have you tried our Browser Specific Plugin? Its available via the Store. Can you snapshot your settings in Color Control, showing the background settings... and what the layout is?

#5 hotshoe

hotshoe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:19 PM

What is the plugin called? That would b e a great fix if it works. I'll get the snapshot up.

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:20 PM

Browser Specific CSS plugin is the name.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#7 hotshoe

hotshoe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:31 PM

I installed the browser specific plugin but the problem still exists. Basically whenever I try to change the background from the Pageline Color Control section it won't upload my image. I've tried several different sizes and formats and it gives the same result. I've also tried the background option from the individual page controls. I can upload the image to my media library and then cut and paste the url into the Pagelines background upload and it shows but the other settings such as scroll, and no-repoaet are ignored. Oddly, I've tried coding it manually thru the Custom CSS and it does not show anything at all.

#8 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:02 PM

That is strange. Is this happening in multiple browsers?