Fatal error occuring on Vanilla Forums integration installation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 anotherkeeper

anotherkeeper

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:17 PM

Hello, So I have spent all day installing and reinstalling trying to get this to work. To be honest, having spent the additional $197 to upgrade to Developer level was a complete waste if this is what I'm left with--the entire point to it was to be able to easily integrate Vanilla Forums. I start be installing Vanilla forums at

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Everything fine. I create a new user for my wordpress database and install Vanilla with that info. Everything fine. I then download, unzip and install the pagelines theme into the forums/themes folder. Everything fine. I am now in the Vanilla dashboard. Pagelines theme is there ok. I click on it and then, bam, I get this message and the entire thing shuts down: Bonk Something funky happened. Please bear with us while we iron out the kinks. That's it. I cannot return to the dashboard. The entire thing is on lock-down with this message. I have read and reread the instructions 500 times. I have googled this until my fingers were raw. This is crazy!!! The whole point of spending $300+ on your platform is so that I don't have to do this kind of stuff!!! Someone help please before I go insane. Thank you.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:46 PM

Hi, Can you point me to the instructions you followed? I just want to make sure you're doing this with the PageLines Vanilla Integration.

#3 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:08 PM

The Vanilla bonk is about as useful as a choc teapot ;) Follow these instructions to enable debugging:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content