Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Site is very messed up

56 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Try it again and upgrade your WordPress install if you don't have the current version.

Posted · Report post

OK. Right now I cant upgrade wordpress because I get the error message. Very, very strange. I'll have another go at it.

Posted · Report post

Yikes, if that doesn't continue to work, try re-installing WordPress manually but make sure you have your database backed up so you don't lose anything.

Posted · Report post

I restored my site and the data in my host file manager returned but the site still shows the error codes. I deleted PlatformPro from the themes folder and updated wordpress to it's newest version. I then tried to re-install PlatformPro (a version I downloaded from my launchpage, my products page) and the error code is still there. I feel like I'm downloading the wrong version of PlatformPro. Do you have a link for the clean version I need? Thanks

Posted · Report post

Can you post a screenshot of what you see on your Launchpad screen? The zip file for the latest version should be there so I don't think you have the wrong version.

Posted · Report post

[img]http://www.davec.fm/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/screenshot.png[/img]

Posted · Report post

Dave, You need BOTH PlatformPro and PlatformBase. Think of Pro as the engine and Base as the chassis. Without the other, neither will get you anywhere. Make sure your OLD version of PlatformPro is renamed as suggested earlier. Once you FTP the folders to wp-content/themes you should see wp-content/themes/platform/pro and wp-content/themes/platformbase. Go then to Dashboard > Appearance > Themes and activate PlatformBase. Also, in Themes, it will give you the current version number. PlatformPro should be 1.5.3 and PlatformBase should be 1.4.1. If you get errors with that, then the problem isn't Platform, but something with the host. Possibly a server error. Let us know.

Posted · Report post

BTW, if you need help with PlatformPro or Base, the docs are located at http://www.pagelines.com/docs

Posted · Report post

I like the car analogies! Should I still have my wp-content/themes/"PlatformPro_Old" in my themes folder? (minus quotations) or should I keep it saved to my desktop as my personal back up? Currently it is on my desktop. I download BOTH PlatformPro and Platform Base and tried to activate Platform base (which I never had prior). I get the same error message as always: "Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /hermes/bosweb/web138/b1387/ipg.decummingscom/davec/wp-content/themes/platformpro/includes/class.layout.php on line 187 Issue setting layout a Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /hermes/bosweb/web138/b1387/ipg.decummingscom/davec/wp-content/themes/platformpro/includes/library.functions.php on line 235"

Posted · Report post

A developer looked at this and mentioned that your database might be corrupt, although I'm not sure how this could've happened. You might need to repair the tables in your database (a fix is described here: http://chrisadams.me.uk/2010/05/16/how-to-fix-a-wordpress-site-when-the-database-corrupts-on-you/).

Posted · Report post

Looks like the database entry that stores the settings is corrupted. Do you have access to phpmyadmin on your host?

Posted · Report post

I do have access to phpmyadmin on my host. I've been there before...it's like a different world.

Posted · Report post

OK well in wp_options table there are 2 rows for PlatformPro they are: pagelines-settings and pagelines_template_map You can find them by searching for %pagelines% If you delete or rename pagelines-settings it should regenerate it next time you load wp-admin.

Posted · Report post

If I delete? Should I delete both Pageline_settings and template_map or just settings? Also, My host is looking at the problem right now and I expect to hear back from them in the next couple of hours; should I continue with this or wait? Will it mess them up?

Posted · Report post

just rename the row then

Posted · Report post

Rename which row? The pagelines_settings or pagelines_template_map?

Posted · Report post

[quote]If you delete or rename pagelines-settings it should regenerate it next time you load wp-admin. [/quote]

Posted · Report post

Looks like my host has corrected part of the issue. I no longer receive the error message. However, my page layout(s) are all messed up. My theme is now PlatformPro version 1.5.3 and I've gone through all the settings. It seems like everything is how I left it. CSS is all there, colors, headers, fonts, etc. As far as I can tell everything in my WP dashboard is the same as before. Is there another step I need to take to complete the update and return my site to its former glory? Side note: I originally had PlatformPro version 1.5.2 as my theme and I never had PlatformBase installed. Thanks all.

Posted · Report post

Check out the site...it looks like it was designed in the 90's www.davec.fm

Posted · Report post

Weird...the appearance seems to have improved on its own but now I'm realizing most of the text in my posts are gone . Damn. Crossing fingers they come back.

Posted · Report post

Hi Dave, I have visited your website, it looks OK, is this issue now resolved ?

Posted · Report post

Danny, It looks like all the layout and design work has returned to normal. I did lose all the text and most of the pictures in my posts. That really hurts! If anyone knows of a way of getting them back I love to hear. Also, what is the best way to prevent this from happening in the future? Thanks, Dave

Posted · Report post

Who is your host?

Posted · Report post

I-Page

Posted · Report post

Well sorry to say, but your getting what you paid for. I'd suggest upgrading to a host that wont corrupt your db overnight without warning.