QuickSlider won't update

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 chadkjackson

chadkjackson

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:34 PM

Observing some very strange behavior with the QuickSlider. I created my first QuickSlider with three images under PageLines > Page Options > Site Defaults > QuickSlider. I then added this to the blog page via PageLines > Drag & Drop > Page Templates > Blog. This first QuickSlider showed up fine. I then went and changed the options for the QuickSlider under Page Options. I changed the number of slides from 3 to 2. I also changed the images, which were mainly different in size. This changed QuickSlider shows up on the blog page, but there is are two major problems. First, the QuickSlider seems to still be referencing the old images, which no longer exist. All I see I used RMB > Open Image in New Tab and I get a 404 error, meaning the file is no longer there. Second, the number of slides seems to be still set at 3 instead of 2. I can see it rotating through those three again and again. You can observe all of this behavior at this URL:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

To check the behavior, I actually added the QuickSlider to the Blog Posts template under Page Options. There it behaves as intended. You can see this behavior at this URL:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Let me know how to resolve this issue. Obviously, this is fairly strange. Chad

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:24 PM

Have you tried deactivating your other active plugins to see if there's a conflict? If that doesn't resolve the issue, I would suggest contacting the plugin creator since they're more familiar with the product and more likely to provide better advice.

#3 chadkjackson

chadkjackson

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:53 PM

I deactivated all my plugins and the behavior didn't change. This functionality is provided through PageLines Framework, not a plugin.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:56 PM

Are you using the latest version of Framework and WordPress?

#5 chadkjackson

chadkjackson

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:47 PM

Yes. I am using Wordpress 3.4.1 and Pagelines Framework Version 2.2.4.

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:49 PM

Chad, Is the place where you originally created the slides for the Quick Slider EXACTLY the same as where you later modified or replaced slides? It seems from what I read in the initial topic that they're different. Looks like you did some of it in Dashboard > PageLines > Page Options and some of it on a page in PageLines Meta Settings. Could that be the case? If it is, then one of them will override the other resulting in the changes not appearing.

#7 chadkjackson

chadkjackson

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:22 PM

The PageLines > Drag & Drop area is where you can drag and drop new sections into different page templates. From my experience, this is the ONLY place you can drag and drop new sections into different page templates. The PageLines > Page Options > Site Defaults > QuickSlider area is where you upload the images you want to appear in the QuickSlider. Likewise here, this is the ONLY place you can upload images that should show up in the QuickSlider. Am I posting this to the wrong forum? I purchased PageLine Framework. rangelone, are you using something other than PageLine Framework?

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:41 PM

No Chad, I've been using PageLines Framework for some time, which is why I'm moderating. If you have added a QuickSlider to the Content Area for any particular template and go to a page using that template, in the page's PageLines Meta Settings, you will see Quickslider in the Meta Settings menu. Click there and you can upload images, set the number of sliders and so on. Same settings you'd find in Dashboard > PageLines > Page Options under QuickSlider. Many people are confused by the fact that there are page specific meta settings AND global settings which appear to be the same. If you have set something in one, then did so again in the other, one of them must take precedence. So, I was asking where you did things as there are in fact, two places to do this.

#9 chadkjackson

chadkjackson

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:20 AM

rangelone, thanks for the clarification. I appreciate your help. I haven't ever edited page specific options for the QuickSlider. Every change to the content of the QuickSlider has been done through PageLines > Page Options > Site Defaults > QuickSlider. Your feedback, however, led me to where I needed to make the changes. When I visited the home page, I hit the 'Edit Meta' button. That took me to PageLines > Page Options > Blog Page. There the QuickSlider settings were the old ones. I was able to just change them and the problem has been fixed. Thanks so much for your help.