Photo

Platform: First post full content, other posts excerpts on home page?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 youmefit

youmefit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:54 PM

Hi,

I have a question very similar to the one posed here a while ago: http://www.pagelines...sts-excerpts/p1

I also would like my first post to show the full content and the rest to read as excerpts. I'm using the Free Platform Theme. I tried placing the following code into the custom code section, but nothing happened.

.blog .post .entry_wrap {display:none;}
	.blog .post-number-1 .entry_wrap { display: block; }
	.blog .post-number-1 .post-excerpt { display: none; }

The code just appeared in the footer of my site as text. I was wondering if I'm pasting this incorrectly and where exactly should I paste it?

I'm new to all this; thank you so much for any help!

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:59 AM

If the code is appearing in the footer, you are probably adding the code to the Footerscripts box instead of the Custom CSS box.

#3 youmefit

youmefit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:33 AM

Hi Catrina, Thanks so much for responding. You're definitely right that I'm not putting it in the Custom CSS box, but I don't see a Custom CSS box anywhere. In "Settings> Custom Code" there is only a box for footer scripts and analytics. Am I missing something? Thank you again!

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16982 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:20 AM

Hi youmefit, I have visited your website and noticed that you're using the free version of Platform Pro. Therefore, there isn't any Settings > Custom Code area. You're free to add/edit any files/CSS etc. However, we are unable to assist you with this.

#5 youmefit

youmefit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:57 PM

Thanks, Danny, that's actually exactly what I was trying to figure out. I had a feeling I couldn't do it because of the free version and I was nervous to edit the stylesheet.css because of the warning in the file that it will be overridden.

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:33 PM

At present, PageLines is rather inexpensive at under $100. I'd suggest you upgrade.