Photo
- - - - -

Feature box, php, shortcodes = bah!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 kismet78

kismet78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:27 PM

Website here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I'm trying to get this newsletter subscribe plugin (

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

) to show up in the far right feature box to no avail. The plugin is working fine in the sidebar as a widget on other pages. I've tried a couple of different shortcode plugins and double checked that the template php files had the do_shortcode added already, which they do.

Looking at my page source it's not showing anything for the 3rd feature box at all. I've tried putting the shortcode into the title and text fields of the featurebox. What am I missing?

#2 kismet78

kismet78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:42 PM

I'm using Station Pro them, btw.

#3 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:12 AM

Are you set on using this plugin? As an alternative a far more popular plugin is Subscribe2, which I would recommend using.

Thanks, Bryan

#4 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:59 PM

Hey Kyle, This applies to both your threads. Shortcodes work automatically with sidebars because plug-in codes directly modify them, however, since the feature page is outside normal WP functioning you have to actually create the code that will allow the shortcode to do it's thing. Do you want us to help you add it? By the way sweet site, nice use of multiple feature sliders and the mix of nice images and licks to go with it is great!