Photo

How to change the menu link colours

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 matmarsden

matmarsden

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:46 PM

Hi. I have been trying to change the colour of my menu links. i.e. the ones which have the drop down menu. I have tried to identify the css which controls this colours, but try as I might I cannot find the specific part. Could somebody tell me which css file I can find this control and what the rule name is? Thanks. My website is www.ocatio.co.uk Mat

#2 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:14 AM

You can do this from:

Theme Options > Text Options

Thanks, Bryan

#3 matmarsden

matmarsden

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:19 AM

Hi Bryan, Thank you for your response, however if I change the HEX colour where you suggest will it not control all links? I am attempting to change the menu only as I would like to turn them white as they are on a blue background, however if I change them here it would make any links in the main body also white which would mean they would not show up, so I was hoping to change the menu links only by finding the actual css styles that control just the menu links. Mat

#4 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:20 PM

The proper CSS selector is `#nav li a {color:#FFF;}` but you'll also have to change the drop down color so it doesn't inherit the white and become invisible ` #nav ul.dropdown ul li a span, #nav ul.dropdown ul li a:hover span, #nav ul.dropdown ul li.menuhover a span { color:#0088CC; } ` Use whatever blue you want, (this bit comes from dropdown.css)