Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Separate Blog entries by category on home page

Question

Posted · Report post

I have a Blog with two Categories Category A Category B The home page (Blog) shows my three posts in chronological order. 2 posts belong to category A and 1 post belongs to category B. Instead I would like to separate the blog posts on the page by category. On my home page I have 3 columns. ? I created the 3 columns using the layout editor tool, no problem there.?  But How do I get the blog posts arranged on the page so that I can accomplish the following: - Column 1 would show a couple Posts from Cateogry A - Column 2 would show Posts from Cateogry B - Column 3 would have links and ads Can you recommend a way to accomplish this without getting into to much code, if possible . Thanks Danielle

4 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Danielle, Get this plugin http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/special-recent-posts/ and follow the instructions (very carefully) to create shortcodes. Each shortcode may include a category. So, you can have Category A in one column, and B in the next. It's very easy.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for your message. Great solution!

Posted · Report post

One other question. Column A is narrow, the special posts looks fine in this narrow column and it is set to only show Category A posts. But column B is much wider, the special posts for category B look to small for this wider column. Is there a way to increase the size of the text/size of the special posts in column B?

Posted · Report post

It's possible with Custom CSS. If you're unfamiliar with CSS, please see this documentation: http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/Custom_CSS