How to Create a Template with No Sidebar

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ehempler

ehempler

• Members

• 15 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:14 PM

I found out my IDX Plugin, IDX+, which automatically creates pages of listings isn't compatable with pageslines - it's pushing the sidebar down below the content. As an alternative I'm wondering if it's possible to create a template with no sidebar some how? Here's an example of what's loading. I would like to turns these into no sidebar pages

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

The idx pages are created automatically from the plugin. I'd like to setup a template or page designed specifically for them. That's why I'd like to remove the sidebar if possible. In the IDX Plugin Settings I select which pagelines template to use when it auto populates these pages. Unfortunately they're not editable. They're created and deleted as homes come on and off the market. I think I need to make a template the plugin can use and since the plugin and pagelines aren't compatible I may need to make a no side bar template

#2 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:50 PM

Hmmm. I almost think the easiest way for you to do this, is to set your default site layout to have no sidebar. Then, introduce the sidebar where you want to after that, since most of your site is run via IDX. Make sense? Nick

#3 ehempler

ehempler

• Members

• 15 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:32 PM

I've been thinking the same thing...now I just have to figure out those settings, etc. Kind of a big learning curve with this theme, but I think this theme will meet the end result I'm shooting for.