Photo

Yoast SEO and Google Adsense code

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:27 PM

Good afternoon, I have two questions. I removed Yoast SEO plugin because it did not work. The pagetitles where stille the same as it was without Yoast SEO. Also my archive and category plugin did not work anymore. Does anybody know if it is possible to use Yoast SEO, because I can not do any good SEO without such a kind of plugin. The second question is I have to add a code from google adsense in the head section, is this possible if I'm using a pagelines template? Hope to hear from you. Kind regards Willem

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:34 PM

Willem, re Adsense code, yes, you can add that into the branding area with a hook. Search here for "leaderboard" and you should find the solution. On the first matter, I know that many people use PageLines with Yoast SEO, so I'm unsure why it's not working for you. Have you asked them for support?

#3 Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:08 AM

Hi, About Yoast SEO, it is working, but I had to choose that it forces to rewrite the title of the p.ages. Adsense: thanx, I did not know that. I already tried it out and works perfect. But what happens with the file/hook when there is an update? And actually, my question I ment something different. I have to put an extra tracking code rule in the head (so not header) section of the website, because I want to track multiple websites in Google Analytics. How can I do that? Kind regards Willem

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16923 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:58 AM

Hi Willem, The Hook, would be added to a child theme or the PageLines customisation plugin and therefore, when there is an update your hook will not be overwritten. What is this extra tracking code? You can add tracking code to PageLines > Framework > Site Options > Custom Code and then add this code to either Header Scripts or Footer Scripts & Analytics

#5 Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:36 AM

It is an extra code so I can track multiple Adsense sites in Google analytics, don't have the code right here right now, but it is just one line I need to put in de header. So your answer helps me out if there really was a field 'Header Scripts'. I only have the option 'Footer Scripts & Analytics'.... Can you check this? Kind regards Willem

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16923 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:58 PM

Hi Willem, Yes, you can add the code to the Footer Scripts area.

#7 Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:58 PM

Hi Danny, I will try it, but Google tells me to put this line of code in the header section. So I curios why u are so sure to put it in the footer section because in last post you told me about possibility of header scripts. I told you there is no header scripts field, is this an option in PRO or is it not excisting at all...

#8 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:38 PM

I believe the Headerscripts section is only available in the Pro version. You should try to put it in the footerscripts section instead.