Photo
- - - - -

Feature overlay after upgrade - Bug??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 glynt

glynt

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:55 PM

Hi all, It seems that the feature overlay settings no longer work properly after upgrading to 2.2.2. The only one that shows correctly is 'Black text - no feature background - no overlay'. The others all include the overlay even when they shouldn't.... Can anyone confirm this and perhaps help get it fixed?? Thanks, Glyn

#2 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2162 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:10 PM

Hi Please try go to Features > edit > Features Option > Feature position choose one. Then you can edit by CSS rules as you like.

#3 glynt

glynt

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:15 PM

Hi Batman, Do you mean 'feature text position'? This works fine to change the positions of the text... but the selector below no longer works which changes the style of the text and overlay....

#4 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2162 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:30 PM

@glynt The "Feature Design Style" works fine too in my test forum with Pagelines Framework 2.2.2 I can not help, wait from some of the staff, I??m a newbie try learn helping.

#5 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16923 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:54 AM

Hi Glyn, I apologise but I am not quite sure where you're referring to when you say overlay?

#6 glynt

glynt

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

Hi Danny, 'Overlay' is the term used in the feature set up section. In the 'feature design style' section there are two settings that can be changed. The first is titled 'Feature text position' and the second is titled 'Feature design style'. 'Feature design style' has four select-able options to choose from: 'White text - Dark feature background - Transparent text overlay (default) 'Black text - Light feature background with border - No Overlay' 'White text - dark feature background - No Overlay' 'Black text - No feature background - No Overlay' The 'overlay' is the semi-transparent part of the feature that is down the left or right hand side. After the latest upgrade the options above which say 'no overlay' aren't working except for the last one. The others all still have the overlay.... Cheers, Glyn

#7 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2162 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

Hy glynt
I load the image at
Full Size - Feature Background Image
and select
Feature Text Position
'Text On Left'
Feature Design Style
'White text - dark feature background - No Overlay'
You can see the image.
Posted Image
Is this that you say?
You are right the semi-transparent appears

#8 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2162 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:19 PM

You can try add PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code > CSS Rules #feature_slider .fcontent {background: none;} I suppose that disappear.

#9 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:23 PM

Glynt, just to make sure... do you have a cache plugin working? If so, did you clear the cache?

#10 glynt

glynt

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:55 AM

Hi Batman, Rangelone, Many thanks for your replies... Batman, yes, with 'White text - dark feature background - No Overlay' the overlay still appears. I have tried all the options and the only one that seems to work correctly is 'Black text - No feature background - No Overlay'. You are right that I could probably make it how I want it with CSS but I'd much rather just select an option!! And I think that if it is a bug the nice people at Pagelines will be wanting to fix it.... Rangelone, tried clearing the cache but no luck I'm afraid... Many thanks, Glyn

#11 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:29 AM

I'm not sure if it is a bug, but if so, a developer will need to take a look at it. For the time being, do you want a CSS solution?

#12 glynt

glynt

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:58 PM

Hi Catrina, Yes please, a CSS solution would be good for now... the code that batman suggested works but I need to target specific feature slides or specific pages... any help with that would be most appreciated... Many thanks, Glyn

#13 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:19 PM

Glyn, I tried it myself on my own site and had the same issue. Apparently, some of the CSS code for the feature slider seems to get caught somewhere, somehow and does not make its way into the site. Do you have cache or CDN enabled? If so, clear it, deactivate it, then go to Store > Sections and deactivate Features. The Features section will go to the bottom of the list. Go there and reactivate it. Then view the site. Turn on the cache or CDN again and clear once more. Refresh your browser too, for good measure. Let me know if this works.

#14 glynt

glynt

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:10 PM

Hi Rangelone, Didn't work I'm afraid... but it was worth a try, thanks for the suggestion... Cheers, Glyn

#15 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:07 PM

Glyn, the developers are aware of it, so we'll have to wait for their solution.

#16 glynt

glynt

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:43 PM

Hi all, This still seems to be not working properly even after recent upgrades.... any chance of getting is sorted?? Thanks

#17 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

Glyn, I don't know what's taking so long, so I'll submit a bug report for you.

#18 glynt

glynt

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:24 AM

OK, thanks

#19 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16923 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:34 AM

Hi Glyn, I have just added a new feature slider and gone trough all the text/overlay settings and they all appeared to be working as intended. Can you try creating a new slide and try for yourself please. I was using PageLines Framework 2.2.5.

#20 glynt

glynt

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:18 PM

HI Danny, Thanks for your reply. I am also using 2.2.5 and I have created a new feature as you suggested. I used the 'White text - Dark feature background - no overlay', but there is still an overlay... Thanks