Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No Custom Language Displayed in Comments

Question

Posted · Report post

I already checked all language setting files (*.po and *.mo files) and everything that concernes "comments" is translated into German. But as you can see on the given URL neverytheless there are displayed some English wordings such as "One response to" or on the blog home page "1 comment". Where can I change those terms? Thanks in advance!

30 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Can you create a new topic regarding this issue please, as it is not in relation to this topic.

Posted · Report post

Dear Danny, alright. But how can I send you those files? I Don't see attachments here. And you need the de_DE.po file from Pagelines only? Or do you need the transation file of WordPress, too? Thanks, Lutz

Posted · Report post

Hi, If you send me the files, I will give it to Simon on your behalf. danny at pagelines dot com

Posted · Report post

Lutz, Danny provided you with his email address for regular email. change at to @ and dot to . and remove spaces: danny at pagelines dot com He wrote his email address to avoid spam; a common practice today.

Posted · Report post

Do I have to create new topic for solving this problem? Or will you respond to me here?

Posted · Report post

Are you referring to the Post Meta Data, under the post title?

http://d.pr/i/6zJ0

If so, please create a new topic please.

Posted · Report post

Yes, exactly.

Posted · Report post

@Danny Sorry, now I'm confused ... Rangelone told me YOU sent me a mail with your mail address so that I can send these files to you ;)) So please send me your mail address to kontakt@lutzherkner.de And please let me know which files EXACTLY you need: Just wp-content/plugins/pagelines-customize/language/de_DE.mo? Or the .po file, too? Do you need wp-content/languages/admin-de_DE.mo and the admin-network-de_DE.mo as well? Thanks in advance!

Posted · Report post

AH, OK. However, I did provide me email address above. I have sent you an email, it should be in your inbox!

Posted · Report post

How are you translating PageLines, can you provide the steps you're taking please.

Posted · Report post

Yes, I did go through all *po und *mo files on the server with "_DE" I could find. WordPress, plugins, themes - everything. I searched for everything with "comment" in it, but everything I found was already translated. Isn't there a way to check somehow where that code comes from?

Posted · Report post

Hi,

would you please so kind to let me know how to solve this problem, because I have absolutely the same problem.

I cant translate:

3 comments (below title of post)

3 comments on "title of post" (below post)

Marcel Matisko on 24. Október 2012 at 15:25

said: (in comments)

Add comment (below post title in front page)

Thanks in advance!

Posted · Report post

Unfortunately I couldn't find any message from Danny. I already searched the spam folders, without success. Then I searched all mails for "danny" or "pagelines" - no resuls. Could you please provide a part of his address or a string contained in the mail that I could search for? He used kontakt@lutzherkner.de?

Posted · Report post

Maybe you also could provide the time and date he sent the mail? Thanks!

Posted · Report post

Hi Lutz, Unfortunately, I have not received any email. Can you PM on the forums and let me know your email so I can do a search. Also, can you send the email again please.

Posted · Report post

@Danny thanks, but that didn't help. I didn't thing that the "define ('WPLANG', 'de_DE');" is necessary because 99% of the German translations have been taken by Pagelines earlier. It's only the "comments" commands that aren't translated. That's because of they are stored in a separate file (pagelines.mo and pagelines.po) - at least I guess that's the reason. Nevertheless I added that "define" command to the wp-config.php, but it didn't help. As I wrote realier I translated the "pagelines" files, too an added them to the folder wp-content/plugins/pagelines-customize, but the theme seems to ignore them. Maybe because they need to be in another folder or get other names or I need another "define" comment ... I don't know. But I hope someone here in the forum knows ;)) The links you gave to me just explained the regular translation process (de_DE.mo and de_DE.po), but I didn't find a hint for the "pagelines" files. That's because they explain WordPress translation, not Pagelines translations ;)) Do you have another hint what to do? Thanks again in advance!!!

Posted · Report post

can you link to the files so we can test them?

Posted · Report post

Dear Simon, that's weird! Nevertheless I searched all files (Pagelines and WordPress) for "comment", but I translated all of them to "Kommentar". If you send me your mail address to mail@lutzherkner.de I can mail you the de_DE.mo file of Pagelines, if you want to. Ord what do you need?

Posted · Report post

I guess I found the cause of that trouble: there are TWO translation string for "One Response to %2$s"! One is in the Wordpress "de_DE.po" and "de_DE.mo" and one in the Pagelines "de_DE.po" and "de_DE.mo". That might be the reason that I couldn't translate that string in the Pagelines file - it causes an error message each time I tried to save that file afterwards and it wasn't readable at all anymore. Unfortunately I don't know how to delete that line or command in the Pagelines file - maybe that would help? What do you think?

Posted · Report post

You mean just a link like this: http://mobiwatch.de/lidl-prasentiert-volltarif-fur-monatlich-995-euro/ Or what would you need? I translated the files in wp-content/plugins/pagelines-customize/language/de_DE.mo (and .po) as well as in wp-content/languages/admind-de_DE.mo (and .po) and the admin-network-de_DE.mp (and .po). They all have some terms concerning comments, so I translated all of them. Nevertheless I see that "comments on" or "reply" on the web page. Please let me know exactly what kind of links you need, I'll provide you with everything ;)) Thanks again!

Posted · Report post

Hi and thanks! I already have followed those instructions for the German translations (files: "de_DE.mo" and "de_DE.po"), so I'm familiar with that procedure. I tried the same with the "pagelines.pot" file in wp-content/themes/pagelines/language, found there those "coment" entries and translated them and saved a "pagelines.mo" and a "pagelines.po" file with the translations in the same folder like the "de_DE" files (wp-content/plugins/pagelines-customize). But that didn't change anything. Tried after that to save the mo- and po-files in their origin folder (language), but that didn't help neither. I guess I have the correct file but not the correct destination folder or file name. Would you please be so kind to check that again and let me know how to store this econd file correctly? Thanks in advance!

Posted · Report post

I think your best bet is to follow Simon's request, so we can look at the files. Link everything you can so that we can see what's going on.