Photo
- - - - -
Open

No Custom Language Displayed in Comments

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#1 lutz

lutz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:00 PM

I already checked all language setting files (*.po and *.mo files) and everything that concernes "comments" is translated into German. But as you can see on the given URL neverytheless there are displayed some English wordings such as "One response to" or on the blog home page "1 comment". Where can I change those terms? Thanks in advance!

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:20 PM

It is really important to note that some language in the page comes from other sources than PageLines. Likely the portions of text appearing in English are coming from WordPress or some other source. Have you checked all the WordPress language as well?

#3 lutz

lutz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:05 AM

Yes, I did go through all *po und *mo files on the server with "_DE" I could find. WordPress, plugins, themes - everything. I searched for everything with "comment" in it, but everything I found was already translated. Isn't there a way to check somehow where that code comes from?

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

The source of that is in comments.php. The instructions here should work as the text is translatable:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#5 lutz

lutz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:10 AM

Hi and thanks! I already have followed those instructions for the German translations (files: "de_DE.mo" and "de_DE.po"), so I'm familiar with that procedure. I tried the same with the "pagelines.pot" file in wp-content/themes/pagelines/language, found there those "coment" entries and translated them and saved a "pagelines.mo" and a "pagelines.po" file with the translations in the same folder like the "de_DE" files (wp-content/plugins/pagelines-customize). But that didn't change anything. Tried after that to save the mo- and po-files in their origin folder (language), but that didn't help neither. I guess I have the correct file but not the correct destination folder or file name. Would you please be so kind to check that again and let me know how to store this econd file correctly? Thanks in advance!

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17923 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:56 AM

Hi Lutz, Have you read and followed the instructions here

As far as I know, simply adding .po or .mo files doesn't change your language, you also have to set it in your wp-config.php file.

#7 lutz

lutz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:38 PM

@Danny thanks, but that didn't help. I didn't thing that the "define ('WPLANG', 'de_DE');" is necessary because 99% of the German translations have been taken by Pagelines earlier. It's only the "comments" commands that aren't translated. That's because of they are stored in a separate file (pagelines.mo and pagelines.po) - at least I guess that's the reason. Nevertheless I added that "define" command to the wp-config.php, but it didn't help. As I wrote realier I translated the "pagelines" files, too an added them to the folder wp-content/plugins/pagelines-customize, but the theme seems to ignore them. Maybe because they need to be in another folder or get other names or I need another "define" comment ... I don't know. But I hope someone here in the forum knows ;)) The links you gave to me just explained the regular translation process (de_DE.mo and de_DE.po), but I didn't find a hint for the "pagelines" files. That's because they explain WordPress translation, not Pagelines translations ;)) Do you have another hint what to do? Thanks again in advance!!!

#8 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

can you link to the files so we can test them?

#9 lutz

lutz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:32 PM

I guess I found the cause of that trouble: there are TWO translation string for "One Response to %2$s"! One is in the Wordpress "de_DE.po" and "de_DE.mo" and one in the Pagelines "de_DE.po" and "de_DE.mo". That might be the reason that I couldn't translate that string in the Pagelines file - it causes an error message each time I tried to save that file afterwards and it wasn't readable at all anymore. Unfortunately I don't know how to delete that line or command in the Pagelines file - maybe that would help? What do you think?

#10 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:31 AM

I think your best bet is to follow Simon's request, so we can look at the files. Link everything you can so that we can see what's going on.

#11 lutz

lutz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:58 AM

You mean just a link like this:

Or what would you need? I translated the files in wp-content/plugins/pagelines-customize/language/de_DE.mo (and .po) as well as in wp-content/languages/admind-de_DE.mo (and .po) and the admin-network-de_DE.mp (and .po). They all have some terms concerning comments, so I translated all of them. Nevertheless I see that "comments on" or "reply" on the web page. Please let me know exactly what kind of links you need, I'll provide you with everything ;)) Thanks again!

#12 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:50 PM

Lutz, I've asked Simon to look at your reply to determine if he needs any additional info. Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

#13 lutz

lutz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:25 PM

Dear Rangalone, alright, thanks!

#14 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:34 PM

No problem! I'm sure he will reply sometime Monday.

#15 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:00 PM

OK so the only thing that isnt translated is this:
4 comments on ???Lidl pr?¤sentiert Volltarif f??r monatlich 9,95 Euro???

When the default shows this:

6 Responses to Truths and Myths ??“ PageLines and Gravity Forms

Here is the line from comments.php:

So looks like you have translated it to 'comments on'

#16 lutz

lutz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:37 PM

Dear Simon, that's weird! Nevertheless I searched all files (Pagelines and WordPress) for "comment", but I translated all of them to "Kommentar". If you send me your mail address to mail@lutzherkner.de I can mail you the de_DE.mo file of Pagelines, if you want to. Ord what do you need?

#17 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17923 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:26 AM

Hi, If you send me the files, I will give it to Simon on your behalf. danny at pagelines dot com

#18 lutz

lutz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:33 PM

Dear Danny, alright. But how can I send you those files? I Don't see attachments here. And you need the de_DE.po file from Pagelines only? Or do you need the transation file of WordPress, too? Thanks, Lutz

#19 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:23 PM

Lutz, Danny provided you with his email address for regular email. change at to @ and dot to . and remove spaces: danny at pagelines dot com He wrote his email address to avoid spam; a common practice today.

#20 lutz

lutz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:20 AM

Unfortunately I couldn't find any message from Danny. I already searched the spam folders, without success. Then I searched all mails for "danny" or "pagelines" - no resuls. Could you please provide a part of his address or a string contained in the mail that I could search for? He used kontakt@lutzherkner.de?