#1 kirkpatrick

kirkpatrick

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires
  • Framework Version:Professional

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

Hello,

I have two questions about configuring box sets.

1.) I set up a row of three boxes on my home page: http://investba.com/. I ordered them by ascending date, and I like how they look: 2 boxes with animated GIFs on the outside and a fixed image in the center box.

When I try to set up the same box sets in the footer of my blog page: http://investba.com/blog/, they do not appear in the same order. I have tried to alter the meta settings for the blog page, but the two animated GIFs always appear on the left side of the page.

2.) The images and the text in the boxes always appeared centered prior to the 2.2.2 upgrade, but now everything is left aligned. I know how to alter the CSS to make the image and the first line of text center aligned, but I don't know how to center align the light blue hyperlink at the bottom of each box. Can you tell me what I need to alter in CSS to make the hyperlink center aligned as well?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Patrick

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:31 PM

Patrick, if you're using Firefox, I'd suggest using Firebug to identify the specific elements that need changing. Firebug also enables you to test your changes before you apply them. With regard to the order... Did you clone the boxes into the footer or, did you set up another box set to apply the first group to as well as the original?

#3 kirkpatrick

kirkpatrick

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:56 PM

I already used Firebug to identify the CSS alterations that needed to be made in order to center the box image and the first line of text: .fboxtitle h3 and .fboxgraphic. I cannot find the css section that needs to be edited in order to center the box link. For the footer, I am not sure I understand your question. I want the box set on my home page to appear in the footer of my blog page. It appears, but the order of boxes is not the same even though it should be, because I've chosen descending order in the Meta settings just like the home page.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:04 AM

The CSS class for links in the boxes is:

a.fboxmore

I think rangelone is wondering how you configured the boxes. Is that set a clone of another set or a different box set?

#5 kirkpatrick

kirkpatrick

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:15 PM

Thank you for answering my first question, Catrina. To answer your question, I was just cloning an existing box set from my home page on blog page. Still not sure why the 3 boxes won't appear in the same order on the home page as on the blog page, even though I have sorted by ascending date order on both pages.

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:49 PM

Probably because in the cloned set, the order isn't properly set. You may want to use the Boxer plugin in lieu of one, which gives you greater control of box order.. literally allowing you to set box index numbers.. like 1, 2, 3.

#7 kirkpatrick

kirkpatrick

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

Thank you, rangelone.