#1 sdrobles

sdrobles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationWashington DC
  • Framework Version:developer

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:31 PM

Since I've upgraded to pro (is that an upgrade? I'm starting to wonder if it was...), I've had several problems, the latest of which is the images on the post section--they are BIG on IE. This has only happened in the posts since the upgrade. View this post on chrome and compare to IE: http://babytalkmoms....r-toddlers.html Suggestions? I need help! This is only one of several issues...but we'll deal with them one at a time. Thanks.

#2 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:45 PM

I don't have IE to test on so it's difficult to help. also, a little more information would be good. Which image is huge? The thumbnail to the left of the title or the image inside the post content? Screenshots would be excellent. ;)

#3 sdrobles

sdrobles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationWashington DC

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:33 PM

the images in the post section--not featured image (or thumbnail). i don't know how to add a screen shot on here--is there anyone else who can help? someone with access to IE? thanks.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:46 PM

You can post a screenshot here by uploading the image to http://imgur.com and posting the direct image URL here. I don't have access to IE so I can't check. :(

#5 sdrobles

sdrobles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationWashington DC

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:01 PM

here it is, would appreciate some kind of answer, the image doesn't show more than i've described--which is a big pic in the post. http://i1177.photobu...moms/bigpic.png

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:52 PM

It's possible IE just isn't properly recognizing the scaling that Wordpress, not PageLines, does with some images. The best solution will be to manually scale the images to the size desired using a graphics editor and redeploy them. It is not a bug, but a browser issue. You may also wish to check the WordPress forums to see if others are having this issue. Fortunately, it's not breaking the page, which is why I'm saying it's a browser issue. If the browser wasn't adjusting, your image would break under the sidebars as it's really wide.

#7 sdrobles

sdrobles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationWashington DC

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:55 PM

i saw that others in the pagelines forum were also having this problem--am i to believe that it was coincidental that this problem started happening the very moment i upgraded to the developer version? it doesn't seem likely. without turning me away to another dead end can you please look into it properly? i would very much appreciate it. thanks.

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16982 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:20 PM

Hi,

This has nothing to do with upgrading to the developer package, as it is not a PageLines or a Wordpress issue as far as I know. It is simply Internet Explorer being a very poor browser and doesn't like images being resized with CSS. The image on your page doesn't look huge on Internet Explorer, that is the actually size of your image.
All other browsers are using the resizing done via the CSS.

You can try adding this to your custom CSS

img { -ms-interpolation-mode: bicubic; }

If that doesn't work, you will need to edit your photos so they display correctly on IE.

#9 sdrobles

sdrobles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationWashington DC

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:28 AM

i don't use ie. however, i have to make sure that the images appear the same all popular browsers, as several of my readers do use ie. you say that it's not the upgrade, but ever since the upgrade (it set everything to default when i did upgrade) i've been having to add all of my stuff back and it's not working as it used to. for example: the background image was not working. i had to add it to the site differently than i had before. the footer isn't what i had and i still haven't been able to figure that out. my point is--things have been different since the upgrade, including the large images on IE. it's like i said, this isn't coincidental. you mentioned that as far as you know it's not a problem with pagelines, is there any way you can be absolutely certain? also, it seems that changing image size isn't a big deal, but it's an extra step for me. i don't have much time as it is: it's a step i didn't have to do before and i'd like to keep it that way. thanks again for your help. i very much appreciate it.

#10 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16982 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:51 AM

Hi, Can you provide the following information please. ??? Did you add the code above I provided and see if that works (I do not have access to Internet Explorer)? ??? What did you upgrade from a previous version of PageLines Framework or Platform Pro ??? Why did you set everything to default ? ??? What was your footer like ? ??? What version of IE are your users using ?

#11 sdrobles

sdrobles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationWashington DC

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:08 AM

- I did use the code--it didn't work. - Platform Pro - I didn't set to default, when I upgraded to Developer version, several of my settings were put back to default automatically; I basically had to re-add all of my customization - the footer was solid black - 22% of our readers use IE; I can't possibly know what version they use without surveying them, and that would be very timely and costly. thanks again.

#12 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16982 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:37 AM

Hi,

Ok try adding this to your CSS and see if this works. I am unable to your correctly in IE, due to me being on Mac.

body .content img { -ms-interpolation-mode: bicubic; }
	.entry_content img { -ms-interpolation-mode: bicubic; }

Also, please read this topic regarding browser compatibility -

I would highly recommend informing your users to upgrade to a new browser, as Internet Explorer, is quite simply the worst browser on the market.

http://www.pagelines...-support#Item_3

You can add a script such as the one below to your website informing your users there browser is out of date.

http://www.updateyourbrowser.net/en/