Photo
- - - - -

More Update Head Scratching - my category and tag pages are too wide and have gone to pot?!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bizint

bizint

Advocate

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:01 AM

http://www.businessi...ce-agency-news/ - category page http://www.businessi...nterior-design/ - tag page Both these pages are set and supposed to be sidebar left...but the sidebar is now on the bottom of the page?! You can see the left sidebar going underneath and the category and tag contents on top....waaahhh .... this update has been very very painful. We're not all developers...that's why I bought the "simple" drag and drop framework in the first place. Crying...

#2 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:42 PM

Your custom CSS code is the issue:

.two-sidebar-left #column-wrap, .one-sidebar-left #column-wrap {
	    float: none !important;
	    width: 100% !important;
	}

#3 bizint

bizint

Advocate

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:03 PM

mmm no that didn't do anything.... :-(

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:43 PM

Did you check the default settings in Dashboard > PageLines > Page Options? Are the sidebars empty? Is Hide Sidebars when Empty checked in PageLines > Site Options?

#5 bizint

bizint

Advocate

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:02 PM

No no...scroll down the poage...see the sidebar is actually below the right content. The pages are set up as sidebar left just scroll down. Nothing has changed except this bloody update!

#6 bizint

bizint

Advocate

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:03 PM

Not empty sidebars...just in the wrong place altogether (at least the widgets are in the correct sidebar this time!)

#7 bizint

bizint

Advocate

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:51 PM

Anyone any ideas? My website is a mess and its because of this update....just make the website bigger wider.. or what? Arrggghh. When I change the category pages to sidebar right it seems to be ok...but when moving back to sidebar left...it goes beneath everything...arrghhh what a mess. *slams head repeatedly on desk* every update, I have to do this bullshit over and over again...and the support is getting virtually non-existent. Look at my history@! You guys used to rock with real responses. Real disappointed.

#8 bizint

bizint

Advocate

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:00 PM

right I think I've figured something out myself...simple mama was saying its that code that's making it wrong..its not a code to fix! I also know how it got into my code I had to pay a developer to "fix" my case study section that became broken during the update. His fix has broken the category pages because the css is from a case study section...ok.... Still all happened from the updates..GRRR