Navigation on Blog pages

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 create180design

create180design

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:02 PM

I know this is probably an easy answer, but is there a way to have navigation on the posts/blog pages?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I'm sure there's a setting but I can't seem to find it. All I'm trying to do is show that the "next" and "previous" on the excerpt pages. Thanks!

#2 hockpunk426

hockpunk426

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.8

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:40 PM

Well here is an excerpt page

Isn't there a next and previous button there already? You could always use a secondary navigation bar for something like that.

#3 mackenzie

mackenzie

Advocate

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:54 PM

I agree with hockpunk. When use FireBug I can see that those elements are attached to "Next" and "Previous" so I think we just need more information or details (maybe an example?) of what you are looking for.

#4 create180design

create180design

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

Hi, The link you posted is a full post, which is showing a nab bar for previous and next posts. However, when I'm on the main blog page there are no next page to view more blog summaries. We have 60 blog posts and the first page only shows four. How can I navigate to view the next 4 blog post summaries?

#5 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:12 PM

There is a link at the bottom of that page that says "?†? Previous Entries". ;)

#6 create180design

create180design

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

Anyway to add this to the top??? Also, I'm not sure I'm communicating correctly. EXAMPLE: Here's the link to the blog category page that has 7 blogs in that category.

When you view the page, you only see 4 and there's no "next page" link to view the rest of the blog category posts. I do not want to increase the number of posts per page just need to be able to navigate to the next page.

#7 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2115 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:07 PM

Please try this Go to Setting > Reading > Blog pages show at most and define the number as you like, 6 post for example. This affect or your blog pages.

#8 create180design

create180design

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

I've gone to settings >reading > blog pages. I currently have it set at 4 as that is the number I want to show per page. I am looking for the navigation that allows me to go to the next page of blog summaries.

#9 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:27 AM

I am looking for the navigation that allows me to go to the next page of blog summaries.

Are you referring to the post pagination (the navigation in the individual post pages) or some other type of navigation?

#10 create180design

create180design

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:51 PM

On the blog summary page- the main page with all the blog excerpts - there is no way for me to view more than the first 4 blog excerpts. I have 20 blog posts. How do I view the rest of the posts excerpts.

#11 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2115 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:49 PM

Hi Try to go Dashboard > Setting > Reading > Blog pages show at most And see if you have "4"

#12 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:12 AM

If the setting says that more than 4 entries are set to show, try deactivating your plugins to see if the posts reappear.

#13 create180design

create180design

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:34 AM

So if I understand this correctly, the only way to see all my blogs is to set the "show at most" to the max number of blog I have because there is no page navigation, I just have to scroll a mile down??

#14 Stefan

Stefan

Business Manager

• Administrators
  • 158 posts
  • LocationTransylvania
  • Framework Version:trunk

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:28 PM

Hey there, If I'm understanding this correctly, you could be using the Pagination section (add it to the content of your blog page via the Drag&Drop menu) to be able to access the next page of posts!