#1 diretornak

diretornak

Advanced Member

• Members

• 88 posts
  • LocationSao Paulo, Brasil
  • Framework Version:Always Latest

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:12 PM

Hey guys, first of all I still havent updated the framework to 2.2.2, but i did read the release notes (in a closed topic) and after searching the forums I noticed a lot of people having headaches and nightmares because of it. I had some problems with the last update, so I was a bit sketchy about updating this time, and i think the problem is that these updates are spotless on clean installs, but the reality is nobody runs on clean installs. Is there any way for me and maybe others help beta test these updates before they come live? I realize we could simply not update, or update it after testing, but truth is most of our clients have some sort of admin user, and they tend to update stuff as soon as possible, afraid of security leaks and other things. I just feel it would be best to run more extensive tests before throwing these updates out there. What do you think?

#2 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:29 AM

Hey hey, Yeah I totally understand your frustration. But it's also important to know that we just don't deploy code without testing. That's foolish. Not only do Simon and I extensively test everything, we have a developer program where the developers who have store products, also test beta versions. With 2.2, we posted a thread on this forum asking for beta users. We created a special form for this purpose, and had less than 5 people sign up. There are so many un-forseen variables, and we take them as they come. We're working to make sure future upgrades are as painless as possible, but there's always gonna be some rogue or improperly coded 3rd party plugin that's going to b0rk the entire thing and make it look like it's our fault. Anyhow, just wanted to say that we definitely just don't "throw code out there." Nick

#3 diretornak

diretornak

Advanced Member

• Members

• 88 posts
  • LocationSao Paulo, Brasil
  • Framework Version:Always Latest

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

I definitly know these bugs are not Pagelines fault =P But I never saw these beta-test invitations.. maybe it is lacking visibility. How can I participate in them?

#4 voiid

voiid

• Members

• 16 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:26 PM

Attention please!

I updated 3 blogs running pagelines -

Pagelines + a Plugin
pagelines to v 2.2.2
broken-link-checker.1.6.2.zip

now theRSS/Feed Titles on 2 websites are f*cked up...

Can anyone verifiy if he/she experience the same issue

Example :
RSS Feed Title was "Gold" now it's "GoldGold |"

Title has now 2x the wordpress blog title + '|' pipe char

I disabled all plugins - no help ....

Before I take out the sledgehammer and start a deep examination, maybe somebody has an idea. ???

Somebody has the same problem ?

Examples:
http://www.bullion-investor.net/feed/
http://goldpreisgoldkurs.de/feed/

everything was cool before the update

#5 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15242 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:58 AM

@voiid Please create a new topic regarding your issue and do not hijack topics. It confuses our support team, I'm closing this topic.