• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 awww

awww

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:33 PM

I'm using a feature slider on my home page, which is using the default template, and have the feature slider set to "use all posts" in the page's metapanel. But it doesn't show all the posts in all the categories.

It shows posts from these categories:

blog
newsletter

It does not show posts from these categories:

episodes
dictionary
segments

Changing settings in Pagelines > Page Options > Site Deafaults > Features doesn't help. It also doesn't make a difference if I choose a different template.

I can make other changes (such as the transition, speed, etc.) to the page's metapanel settings and they are indeed reflected on the home page feature slider, as expected.

I can set it to show just posts from one category and that works fine.

This is a screen grab of the metapanel settings of the page.

Posted Image

I'm using PageLines 2.2.2 on a beta site that is password protected and closed to visitors.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:12 PM

Grant, the questions I have.... How many categories do you have (don't forget to count Uncategorized)? If you have 12 slides set to show but you have 15 categories... well, 3 won't show. Do all posts have an image (featured) that the slider may pick up? Remember, it doesn't pick up the 1st image.. only the Featured Image.

#3 awww

awww

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:16 PM

Just seven categories, including Uncategorized. All posts don't have an image. Those that don't should show just the PageLines leaf image. That's what's happening for the posts that are showing which do not have any image, neither featured nor in the post.

#4 awww

awww

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:47 PM

Just reread your first question, which is confusing. There are thousands of posts on the site across all the categories. To test this particular issue, I made new test posts for the categories that aren't showing. As I am displaying by descending date, they should appear first in the slide show, regardless of how many categories I have, right?

#5 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17945 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:07 AM

Hi Grant, So we can try to recreate this issue, can you tell us if the categories that aren't showing are child categories ? So your website is not available and is protected, would it be possible to let us know what version of PageLines Framework you're using please.

#6 awww

awww

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:49 PM

@Danny, none of them are child categories. My PageLines version is 2.2.2.

#7 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:52 PM

Have you tried deactivating your plugins?

#8 awww

awww

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:13 PM

Well, it turns out to be the PageLines Customize plugin. I disabled everything else but that and the PageLines Sections plugin and turning it off and on turns the problem off and on. I've tried removing everything from Custom Code and from Header Scripts and the problem persists. What now?

#9 awww

awww

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:23 PM

Figured it out: there was custom code in the PageLines Customize functions.php file. Funny how something you did just a few weeks ago just disappears from your brain. :/

#10 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17945 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:53 AM

hehe Grant, thanks for letting us know.