• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 shider

shider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:34 PM

We are having issues with a site that when posting blog posts it shows up on the blog page but the post pages return a 500 internal server error. We have tried all combos of permalink/htaccess combos and have ruled that out as all other areas of the site function correctly. If we turn off the pageline theme and apply the default theme the posts return to normal. If pagelines is enabled it won't even let us see the posts from the admin with "view post" in edit mode. I am not able to search and find any thing as people who have this issue it generally effects the whole site due to an install error. But this site has been installed for some time now, developed and taken live it was when the client started adding just normal posts we realized that it was not functioning correctly as the default hello there post I gave them was working fine but it existed before pagelines was installed. Stephanie

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17945 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:06 PM

Hi Stephanie, Can you take screenshots of your permalinks page and also of your posts editor page please, so we can see the links.

#3 shider

shider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:21 PM

Hi Danny,

I placed a contact request hours ago regarding this with no response, my last hope was to post here but having seen some of the responses to people having issues with the update in another post and lack of response I have requested a refund. I looked to be sure and today is 30days from my purchase. So I am not sure it will help but I have taken the screenshots is there no way to attach them?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please let me know if I need to take any other steps regarding the refund as well.

Stephanie

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17945 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:31 PM

Hi Stephanie, I am not 100% sure what is causing your issue but this is not related to PageLines Framework, as this error has never been reported before. Would it be possible to disable all non-pagelines plug-ins please and see if this resolves your issue. Would it also be possible to paste the contents of your .htaccess file please.

#5 shider

shider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:35 PM

I have disabled the theme and turned on the default theme and it works perfectly fine so I am not sure how that would not be related. We have disabled all plugins and tried that route the only and I mean the only thing that fixed it was to disable pagelines. If you need to see it working in the default theme format I can show you thats well. RewriteEngine On RewriteBase / RewriteRule ^index.php$ - [L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule . /index.php [L]

#6 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2218 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:09 AM

I??m a newbie, but I had a similar problem. The same like you, I change to Twenty Eleven and all work fine. It is a php memory problem, the .htaccess is not the fix. If you have a shared host try to verify your limit memory with them.

#7 shider

shider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:32 AM

@batman It's on a DV with media temple and the php.ini was modified years ago to allow for over 200mb of memory and a huge allowance for posts/uploads. We have a bout 6 wordpress sites on this DV with no issues and the only one that has this issue is running pagelines. Thanks though. @ Danny Do I need to do anything else to receive the refund other than the email, contact post and notifying you here? Who do I need to talk to? Stephanie

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:42 PM

Stephanie, It's really odd that only those pages would vanish, rather than the whole site. Hence, I'm going to agree with Danny, that your permalinks may be corrupted. Without changing the settings, I'd strongly suggest you simply save them again. Additionally, check the settings for the post to ensure it's not being hidden. If you'd like, I would happily conduct a screen share with you either Sunday or Monday. Please let me know. I'm located on the east coast. Let me know what timezone you're in, so we can figure out a mutually convenient time.