6 replies to this topic

#1 paocmissions

paocmissions

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada
  • Framework Version:2.4.1

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:34 PM

Hi there. I've been waiting, hoping, wishing that I will eventually see a thread here that might solve the problem we're having on our site. But I haven't seen anything that is familiar to what problems we're having. I've never had a problem with upgrading and installing with Pagelines in the past. This is the first issue we've had. I go into Appearance >> Themes and click on "Activate" after having uploaded a fresh copy of the theme from my account on Pagelines.com via FTP. Immediately the WP dashboard and site itself crash, and I get the browser error: "HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error)." Please can someone give us some suggestions as to what could be the issue? Thanks.

#2 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:37 PM

OK so edit wp-config.php and enable WP_DEBUG. 500 error just means php has hit a fatal error could be one of 5000 things ;)

#3 paocmissions

paocmissions

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:25 PM

Thanks Simon for the quick response. I'm completely green to this stuff, so bare with me.

I changed the WP_DEBUG to true, and here's what I get:

Notice: wp_enqueue_style was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or init hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in C:Inetpubmyglobalviewimgvwpwp-includesfunctions.php on line 2748

Notice: load_plugin_textdomain was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.7 with no alternative available. in C:Inetpubmyglobalviewimgvwpwp-includesfunctions.php on line 2714

Parse error: parse error in C:Inetpubmyglobalviewimgvwpwp-contentthemespagelinessectionscandy-notificationssection.php on line 314

This looks like a WP problem, not necessarily theme... or perhaps a clash between the two?

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17600 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:08 AM

Hi, I'm not expert when it comes to server errors but all the errors above are rather odd, you have C: is this a local site ? Also, what is candy-notifications section ?

#5 paocmissions

paocmissions

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:56 PM

Hey Danny. Yes, this is a locally hosted site on our internal servers. Thus why you're seeing C:. As for what "sectionscandy-notificationssection.php on line 314" ...that's something within the Pagelines theme folder... I'm hoping that is where my conflict is. Can anyone give me further insight into this problem?

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:10 PM

Odd because I just looked in my site under wp-content/themes/pagelines/sections and don't have candy-notifications. I believe that's a 3rd party section. Anything via the store is loaded into wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/ and I checked there too... nothing. Is it a premium plugin or section?

#7 paocmissions

paocmissions

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:22 AM

Candy Notifications was a plugin I installed from Pagelines developer Enrique Chavez right before the site went down. It appears to only have been a coincidence that I updated to Pageslines to 2.2.1 at the same time. This was a plugin conflict, not a theme issue. I removed this section folder from the Pagelines theme and the site was restored. Thanks Simon and rangelone for your assistance with this.