Pageline Framework 2.2.1 slowed down (load performance) a basic site

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 cybersphere

cybersphere

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:41 AM

Hi, I have just updated a very basic site to 2.2.1 and the page load time has increased by a significant amount. If a page took 1 sec to load, it takes 3 to 4 sec to load. Of course, since most of you here are visiting from US or UK so the site may seem even slower but that aside, this website is now loading very slowly. I am just talking about home page or contact page... not the pages with images plugin. Easy comparison is: - Usual fast loading WordPress site (my own):

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

- Pageline Platform 2.2.1 site:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Keep in mind that Cybersphere site contains images. Babyguerrilla site (pre-2.2.1) use to load faster. Can anyone suggest a fix? Thanks! PS. Yes... all the widgets that was in 'Primary Sidebar' moved to 'Tertiary Sidebar'. Knew that was going to happen and fixed that easily enough.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:52 PM

Cybersphere, did you note the 2.2.2 update released today? Also, on a personal note, I'm recommending everyone use CDN. I use MaxCDN which helps offset all the javascript, jQuery and other stuff off the site to effectively pre-load it. Not a perfect solution, but it works for me, cutting my load time by 3/4ths.