Canvas/Content Background

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 anlinares

anlinares

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:18 AM

Just getting started on this site. I have Firebug and have tried every selector I can find but can't seem to get the padding off the sides of the page so that the background image stretches it's full width - 1000 px, same as layout width. Any help? Thanks!

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 Henry Perkins

Henry Perkins

Friendly Contributor

• Members

• 198 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:00 AM

No need to mess with CSS here, just upload the image as your background and hit repeat vertical. set margin top to 0. And then, make sure your layout mode is set to a mode with pixel width, and site design mode is set to fixed width.

#3 anlinares

anlinares

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:19 PM

I already have a page background set. I just want this image set as the background for the content area. Is there a different place to load this? Otherwise, it looks to me like there is padding on either side of the content area that I can't target that is causing the problem.

#4 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:23 PM

I don't see the CSS on your site right now. I was looking for it to try to adjust it - helps in debugging. :) To get things straight though, could you please provide us with a screenshot of where the background image should be taking affect?

#5 anlinares

anlinares

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:22 PM

Here is a picture. The top is what I am seeing on both sides of the content. The bottom I have highlighted in red where I would like the image to be - line up with the feature slider and the footer to create one continuous line down the sides.

Posted Image

Wondering why you can't see the css. Something on my end? It should be there.

Thanks!

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15047 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:24 PM

Hi, The issue is that although your image is 1000px like the width of your site the white area of the image is actually less than 1000px, roughly 960px so thats the issue you're having. All you need to do is open your image in photo editing software and increase the width.

#7 anlinares

anlinares

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:44 PM

Wow. Was using an image I created for a different site and didn't realize there was blank space on the sides. Wow. That was dumb on my part. Sorry for the trouble!

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15047 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:00 PM

No trouble what so ever! :D