Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

space left and right of branding

Question

Posted · Report post

I had a discussion of this, thought I'd solved the problem but did not. So I'm starting a new thread here. I cannot eliminate the space left and right of the branding, though I've tried a lot of different things for 2 days. I had eliminated it, but it came back, and I can't figure which of the things I changed caused that. The only code that will now do the job is this:

.content-pad {
	margin-bottom: -20px !important;
	margin-left: -37px !important;
	margin-right: -38px !important;}
But, as that eliminates padding globally, that messes up the rest of the site, type gets clipped on iphone, etc. I would think that something beginning with "
#branding.content.pad
", or
.feature.content.pad

" would work, but so far nothing has done it. My branding is plenty big, but it gets reduced on the site, for reasons I don't understand. Any proposed solutions would be tried, and greatly appreciated! Sue

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi, You really shouldn't use negative margins, can you please remove this code and reply here when you have done so, so I can take a closer look.

Posted · Report post

This code finally worked after trying many things, (a lot of padding=0's), did not work. [code]#branding .content-pad { margin-bottom: -20px !important; margin-left: -37px !important; margin-right: -38px !important;}[/code] If there is some more elegant code that would do the trick, I'd like to use it. But what a relief that something works!

Posted · Report post

Glad to hear you got it working!