Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

just updated to pagelines 2.2 and my site went wacky

49 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Did you download and archive the older version of PageLines to your computer? If so, unzip that and upload it via FTP.

Posted · Report post

i did not, is it possible to send me an older version?

Posted · Report post

I'll need to check since there is no download for the older version available on Launchpad.

Posted · Report post

thank you!

Posted · Report post

Juliana, if you're using a Windows based machine, check the Downloads folder for pagelines.zip. Usually, Windows adds a numeric value for extra copies. See if you have them, unzip and look in the style.css to see the version number. The files might look like pagelines[2].zip

Posted · Report post

hi rangelone. thank you, i am on a mac. i did go through the downloads histories and no pagelines zip listed. any other place i could check on my mac? thank you, j

Posted · Report post

Juliana, I'm a strictly Windows sorta guy! Shoot an email to hello@pagelines.com and ask them if they can point you to a previous edition. I'm not sure that we publish archived editions, but they'd know.

Posted · Report post

no one's perfect. thanks so much!

Posted · Report post

I do try though! Check the Launchpad now. Recent earlier releases are now available.

Posted · Report post

thanks so much. i did reinstall an earlier version of pagelines and my site came back. hooray! another question. while most of the customizations came back i can't seem to get my primary sidebar back the way it was. my custom text and link to my web site along with a facebook like button are now gone. even though the customizations are still in place on the widget page, in my sidebar list of contents. the calendar and meta widgets appear on my sidebar even though they are not listed on my sidebar contents on the widgets page. is there anything i can do to get this back or should i just stop while i am ahead? i installed pagelines 2.1.6. there is an older version. should i try that? thanks again, j

Posted · Report post

Hello, Are you widgets in the correct sidebars in Wordpress Admin Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets ?

Posted · Report post

hi danny, yes, they are in the correct sidebars in dashboard>appearances>widgets, just not "appearing" on the blog sidebar. it may be the default widgets that are showing. in my widgets sidebar i have the following widgets: text, text, categories, archives what is showing on my blog sidebar is: categories, archive, calendar, meta. thank you! j

Posted · Report post

Hi Juliana, Would it be possible for you to take some screenshots of the following please. ??? Appearance > Widgets, so we can see the widgets first hand and in which sidebar there in. ??? PageLines > Drag & Drop > Click on SB1 and take a screenshot of this, so we can see which sidebars are active. ??? Go to Page Options > Blog Page and see if you have any of your sidebars set to hide.

Posted · Report post

hello there, i have the screen grabs. how do i upload into this thread? thank you, j

Posted · Report post

You can upload the screen grabs to http://imgur.com and paste the direct image URLs here :)

Posted · Report post

cool, thank you. never knew about this site. http://imgur.com/z6fpD,XD2ma,wPF4n

Posted · Report post

Are you using version 2.2.4?

Posted · Report post

the upgrade is what did my site in. pagelines version 2.2.1 was not compatible with yahoo small business. i had to go back to 2.1.6 to get my site back. but not all of the customizations came back.

Posted · Report post

Juliana, I'd strongly recommend moving to a different host where WordPress is more commonly used and the settings are able to work with it. This is the only instance of 2.1.6 failing like this so I must presume it's the hosting. The customizations should be in the database, but some may need permalinks update. Go to Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks... [b]DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING[/b]... and simply save.

Posted · Report post

thanks rangelone. any suggestions on hosts? i am redoing my website and it'd be an opportune time to switch. i am a bit puzzled about yahoo and wordpress compatibility though, since wordpress is integrated into the yahoo back end. it's the only avail option when you go to the yahoo blog manager to start a new blog. my guess is that this is a yahoo small business and pagelines issue? could you recommend a good host that works well with wordpress and pagelines? my new web site will also be a wordpress theme. i am based in nyc if it matters at all. i saved in permalinks as suggested but it doesn't seem to have made any visual changes. thanks again

Posted · Report post

Depends on your needs... I use iWeb.com with a dedicated served that's working great. Not too bad a price if you buy one of their warehouse sale servers. If you're using shared, try WP Engine http://wpengine.com/b/

Posted · Report post

i am having the similar problem with pagelines framework 2.4.4. and now site has above php eror like there is no in wp/includes/funccion and line papapa ...

so i dont know what to do ... still is ther a javascript or what is it problem with firefox as buttons doesn work in pagelanes.... 

Posted · Report post

did a wp upgrade to 3.6 then pagelines 2.3.8. to 2.4.4. then it all is crap now .... php problems lines and wp/includes and funciiones and la la ala ....like song then in the end is familly and friends it s about good walk and hard walk ... beautifull ride ...

Posted · Report post

I suspect your site is using fixed custom sizes.  Like width: 50px;  instead of width: 3.875em; which would give you the same size, but with responsiveness.

Please remember, WordPress converted many of its background systems too, so this could be a simple issue with upgraded CSS and backend javascript. It can all be fixed.  Change all your custom code from pixel sizes to em or percent sizes. Check your location of images too. and update your permalinks.

1 person likes this