• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 julianasohn

julianasohn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:01 AM

hmm, curiouser and curiouser. just went to check on my site and it's now all gone. just a white screen, nothing on it at all. help?

#22 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15064 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:46 AM

Hi Juliana, This is server error, therefore I recommend you contact your web host provider. Once the server error has been resolved, reply here informing us and we can assist you further.

#23 julianasohn

julianasohn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:15 PM

hello there, so my host provider is yahoo small business and i have some more info after contacting them. they seem to think that one or more plugins used in my pagelines theme are not compatible with yahoo and that perhaps the whole theme may not be compatible with yahoo. they found the this error message posix_getpwuid[ ] on line number 17 after following this path. blogwp-contentthemespagelinesincludesclass.render.css.php since the problem only arose with the update to 2.2.1, do you know which plugin that may be? is there something i can do to enable me to continue to use this theme? like deactivate the plugin? or do i need to use a different theme or switch host providers? thank you.

#24 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

It's not necessarily plugin, but something integrated in the theme, so it's not possible to deactivate it. I would advise switching a host provider (like Page.ly, a self-hosted WordPress-specific host).

#25 julianasohn

julianasohn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:49 PM

it's not so simple since i have my web site on yahoo as well and i'd have to redo my web site. since my blog had worked on the previous version of pagelines, is there anyway i could just go back to that at all?

#26 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:42 PM

Did you download and archive the older version of PageLines to your computer? If so, unzip that and upload it via FTP.

#27 julianasohn

julianasohn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:02 PM

i did not, is it possible to send me an older version?

#28 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:04 PM

I'll need to check since there is no download for the older version available on Launchpad.

#29 julianasohn

julianasohn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:14 AM

thank you!

#30 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:14 PM

Juliana, if you're using a Windows based machine, check the Downloads folder for pagelines.zip. Usually, Windows adds a numeric value for extra copies. See if you have them, unzip and look in the style.css to see the version number. The files might look like pagelines[2].zip

#31 julianasohn

julianasohn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:17 PM

hi rangelone. thank you, i am on a mac. i did go through the downloads histories and no pagelines zip listed. any other place i could check on my mac? thank you, j

#32 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:44 PM

Juliana, I'm a strictly Windows sorta guy! Shoot an email to hello@pagelines.com and ask them if they can point you to a previous edition. I'm not sure that we publish archived editions, but they'd know.

#33 julianasohn

julianasohn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:10 AM

no one's perfect. thanks so much!

#34 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:10 PM

I do try though! Check the Launchpad now. Recent earlier releases are now available.

#35 julianasohn

julianasohn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:36 AM

thanks so much. i did reinstall an earlier version of pagelines and my site came back. hooray! another question. while most of the customizations came back i can't seem to get my primary sidebar back the way it was. my custom text and link to my web site along with a facebook like button are now gone. even though the customizations are still in place on the widget page, in my sidebar list of contents. the calendar and meta widgets appear on my sidebar even though they are not listed on my sidebar contents on the widgets page. is there anything i can do to get this back or should i just stop while i am ahead? i installed pagelines 2.1.6. there is an older version. should i try that? thanks again, j

#36 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15064 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:55 PM

Hello, Are you widgets in the correct sidebars in Wordpress Admin Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets ?

#37 julianasohn

julianasohn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:10 PM

hi danny, yes, they are in the correct sidebars in dashboard>appearances>widgets, just not "appearing" on the blog sidebar. it may be the default widgets that are showing. in my widgets sidebar i have the following widgets: text, text, categories, archives what is showing on my blog sidebar is: categories, archive, calendar, meta. thank you! j

#38 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15064 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:16 AM

Hi Juliana, Would it be possible for you to take some screenshots of the following please. ??? Appearance > Widgets, so we can see the widgets first hand and in which sidebar there in. ??? PageLines > Drag & Drop > Click on SB1 and take a screenshot of this, so we can see which sidebars are active. ??? Go to Page Options > Blog Page and see if you have any of your sidebars set to hide.

#39 julianasohn

julianasohn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:08 PM

hello there, i have the screen grabs. how do i upload into this thread? thank you, j

#40 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

You can upload the screen grabs to http://imgur.com and paste the direct image URLs here :)