• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 lutz

lutz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:42 PM

Hello! I set up a new web page with Pagelines and have a problem with the thumb images on the blog home page. As you an see they all are standing a little to high and have way too much padding ad the bottom. So the textflow doesn't work good and everything looks quite strange. I already tried all suggestion I could find here in the docs and forum but none helped. Do you have any idea how I can align those thumb images? Thanks in advance!!!

#2 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:23 PM

If your images will not scale properly to 150x150, it is because the image dimensions are off. For example, a 300x100 image will have to scale to 150x50 because the width is only 100 to begin with. Make your images at least 150x150 and you won't have any issues.

#3 lutz

lutz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:11 PM

@simple_mama Thanks, but the scaling is not the problem. The original images are a lot bigger than 150px, mostly betweeg 500 and 1000px. But they are not squares - but that can't be a precondition! No, scaling works well. I mean the position of the (automatically resized) thumbs on the blog home page. They start way higher than the upper text edge and leave a big gap down the lower end like there is a command as "padding-bottom: 50px" involved - what I didn't implement. Please have a look at my site (www.mobiwatch.de), scroll down a little and watch some of the post excerpts on thehome page andyou'll see what I mean! Thanks again in advance!

#4 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:31 PM

I don't know where you added this, but it definitely does not go where you have it added:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Custom PHP code can go in 3 places:

Aside from that, the problem is, as I said, a size issue. You may want to try using a "Regenerate Thumbnails" plugin from Wordpress to see if that helps solve your issue. If not, disable ALL of your plugins and see if that helps.

#5 lutz

lutz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:57 PM

@simple_mama Thanks again ... you're quick ;)) This is a piece of code the author of the plugin "Subscribe2" gave me to change the subject line of the daily newsletter this plugin sends. He told me to put hs into the "custom css" section for the header code. And it works ;)) As far as I ca see it doesn't have anything to do with the (thumb) images ...

#6 lutz

lutz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:57 PM

Where else do I have to put that code?

#7 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

If you look at this link (

) it will tell you where to add custom code. PHP and CSS go in separate places. :) It probably has nothing to do with the thumbnails, but it still needs fixin' up. Try the regenerate thumbnails and plugin disable tips I mentioned above too please.

#8 lutz

lutz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:30 PM

Thanks. But why do I have to make it this complicates? Why can't I simply use the "Custom Code" section e.g. for css in the Pagelines theme settings? Isn't this there for exacly like this? I'm asking, because I have some additional code for Google Analytics - that's not css and not php as far as I know. Can't I even leave this in the "Custom Code" section? I shifted css code - works! But not the php code: When I shift that into the functions.php file on the server I'm always getting an error code. Seems as if there is something wroing with the syntax? I mean the code you copied above in the yellow text field?

#9 lutz

lutz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:46 PM

Let me how you what I mean: This is the Google Analytics code:

#10 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:48 PM

To move the thumb down a few pixels, just do this:

#11 lutz

lutz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:24 PM

Wunderful! Your code works great, thanks a lot!!!!!! But there are still two problems: 1.: The bottom space between the lower end of the picture and the text is still way to big. As I don't know this "hentry" command I don't know how to fix that, sorry ... 2.: Can I leave the Google Analytics code in the "Custom Code" section aif Pagelines?

#12 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15878 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:47 PM

Hi,

1. Try adding this to your custom CSS:

2. Add your Google Analytics code to Custom Code > Footer Scripts & Analytics

#13 lutz

lutz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:34 PM

@Danny Thanks, wonderful, works great!!! But one more question concerning that "Subscribe2" code: Rangelone told me, tat this code doesn't belong into te Custom Code of Pagelines. But when I put that into the functions.php file, I get an error message. I gues because of some mistake concerning the syntax. What shall I do with that code? Or what do I have to change that functions.php will accept it?

#14 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:59 PM

It probably has to do with the opening and closing php tags. Make the format match what is already there. :)

#15 lutz

lutz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:09 PM

DAMMED! Pagelines crashed, I don't know why! All headers and icons and customizations where gone! I could restore some, but now tha css custom codes for thumb images alignment and font size don't work anymore. They are still in the css file and I already copied them again back into the Custom Code section, but that didn't help, too. And the icons for Twitter, Facebook, RSS and so on are gone, too. I entered again the names and urls, but they do not appear anymore. Al thar happend BEFORE I updated to the new Pagelines version. Not I updated because everything was crashed already ... PLEASE help me to restore my site!!! Thanks in advance!!!!

#16 lutz

lutz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:13 PM

Cancelled! I forgot to copy some older code into the css file ;))

#17 lutz

lutz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:31 PM

But there is an other problem occured: The text size is bigger on the blog home page only (

), not on on the blg posts itself (

). The code I'm using is: .font-primary, body {font-size:14px;} .fpost .post-title h2 {font-size: 24px;} What is the code to change the text size in the posts? Or do you have a link to the function names I can use? Thanks again!!!

#18 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:49 AM

^ This code pretty much changes the size for all copy on your site, but if there is other CSS that's changing the size in the individual blog post pages, then that is probably overwriting the body copy size. To fix that, please add this CSS:

Change # to the size you want.

#19 lutz

lutz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:00 PM

@Catrina, very cool, thanks a lot!!!

#20 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15878 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:07 PM

Hi Lutz, Do you require further assistance ?