• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 wockatz

wockatz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:21 AM

Hi, I'm developing this intranet site with PageLines+Buddypress and I'm keen on having a left sidebar with profile like in the cosmic buddy theme:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

As of yet I haven't found any plugin that does this. Another idea I had was to put functionalities of the buddypress navbar into a profile button with an image in the fixed navbar (much like in the default wordpress admin bar to the right) to give the users a quick access to the most necessary functions. Is anyone else working on the same thing or have any ideas?

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13234 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:29 AM

Hi, I don't use BuddyPress personally but I did a search for you and found this article -

Maybe it will assist you. I don't quite understand what you mean by a fixed navbar drop down, can you explain further please. I think the best course of action however, would be to ask this question on the BuddyPress support forums.

#3 wockatz

wockatz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:03 PM

Tnx, I just put this question here as I didn't know where else it would fit in. With the fixed navbar drop down I meant to just put a "profile" button on the PageLines fixed navbar, similar to the one in the wordpress admin bar. I want to create a "communities" part of the website where people can collaborate, as far as I know Buddypress is the key in accomplishing this.

#4 wockatz

wockatz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:06 PM

Btw I've seen the plugin you mention but it doesn't give you any quick links to the "buddypress admin menu" functions (the top fixed navbar)... Btw2, are you using vanilla instead of buddypress for a particular reason?

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:54 PM

Can you screenshot the navbar you're mentioning? We use Vanilla, which is a premium integration we worked on before 2.0 was released.

#6 wockatz

wockatz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:09 PM

Just the classic admin top menu. There's a profile button on the right. Come to think of it, there's even one on your page right here (top right)! My idea was to have a button like that in the PageLines fixed navbar - but instead of the wordpress profile, it would contain the buddypress profile...

#7 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:23 PM

Even Buddypress has a WP login button (left)

You might find a plugin for that. We don't have one. That's a Buddypress issue, btw. Not PageLines.

#8 wockatz

wockatz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:24 PM

Yes, but the idea was to have the functionality of buddypress menu in the fixed navbar - as the part of the "pageline buddypress plugin". It was just an idea, not an issue.

#9 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13234 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:47 PM

Hi Wockatz, Its nice a suggestion, I will add this to my weekly report for you, not sure if this functionality would be implemented though.