Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How can I decrease the vertical gap between my header and banner?

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi guys- I'm running some banner ads on my site tomorrow for the first time, and I've set up a banner module in my Pagelines template above the content at the top of my blog section. If you look at my site, you'll see that the "Pocket Tactics is sponsored by" text in my banner is quite a distance away from the site header/nav bar. What do I need to edit to tighten up this gap? I tried adjusting the banner text down but I'm not sure that's the right way to go about it. Sorry if this is a perfectly obvious answer - I'm still a bit new at this. Thanks!

14 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I think part of my problem is that the "banner" element in pagelines is leaving room for a post title, which I don't actually want here. Is there a way to remove the post title from this element? Or is there a better way of getting this 728*90 leaderboard onto my site? I originally wanted to put it in my site header to the right of my logo but I couldn't quite figure that out. Any suggestions welcome.

Posted · Report post

Hi @pockettactics I??m a newbie and I??m not sure but you can try add to CSS rules

.banner_container .banner-area {padding: 0px 0;}
for the distance away from the site header/nav bar and
.banner-title {display:none;}

for post title I repeat.... I??m not sure

Posted · Report post

In addition to trying Batman's suggestions, try adjusting these down from 15px.

#banners .content-pad {
	    padding-bottom: 15px;
	    padding-top: 15px;
	}

Posted · Report post

Those worked great, thanks both!

Posted · Report post

OK guys... plainly Pockettactics is more experienced than I am... I am trying to put a banner ad from Technorati in the same location at www.whatscookingwithruthie.com to the right of the logo and don't even know where to put the code. I have been screwing around with it and managed to put it in the custom code header section and placed the banner above the top navbar which is NOT where I want it... I guess I just do not understand how to set up the banner module... Any pointers would be appreciated.

Drew

Posted · Report post

@rangelone - Is there anything else I can do to eliminate some of that whitespace? The banner is live on PocketTactics.com now and there's just a lot of wasted space that I can't figure out how to trim.

Posted · Report post

Hi, Where is this banner located, are you referring to the space near and around the text "Pocket Tactics is sponsored by:" ?

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny - yes, that's the space I'm referring to. This is what I've added to my custom code, but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

body{ font-size: 16px } .banner-title {display:none;} .banner_container .banner-area { padding: 2px 0; } .banner-title { margin-bottom: 1px; } .banner_title.wicon { background-position: 0 4px; background-repeat: no-repeat; display: inline; padding: 0px; } .banner_container .banner-text-pad { padding: 1px 3px; } #banners .content-pad { padding-bottom: 1px; padding-top: 1px; } #sidebar1{font-size: 14px};

Posted · Report post

Hi, Try adding this:

#banner p { margin:0; }

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny, Thanks for that. I added

#banner p { margin:0; }

but it doesn't seem to have had much effect. I cleared my browser cache and everything. Any other ideas?

Posted · Report post

I did those one at a time to see the effects and those both helped quite a bit. Thanks very much, @Danny!

Posted · Report post

No problem, happy to help!

Posted · Report post

Drew, kindly open a new topic for your question as this is considered hijacking. We'll be happy to help there.

Posted · Report post

The topic was marked as resolved.