Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

UberMenu issues with Pagelines 2.2

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi, Has anybody used the UberMenu plugin with PageLines 2? I used it with Platform Pro and it worked fine, but for some reason I can't get it to appear atall when using PageLines. I've followed the installation and setup tutorial, and tried setting it up in the same way as I did with Platform Pro, but it just can't get it to work! Any ideas? Cheers, Dan

10 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi Dan, What is actually happening, is it not appearing on your site at all? Can you provide the steps you have taken, so I can try to recreate this issue please.

Posted · Report post

I can't get it to replace the regular pagelines menubar either. I installed the ubermenu plugin, and activated it in the appearance > menus panel to use my Primary Site Navigation, which reads the main navigation menu that pagelines had been previously rendering. Most all of the settings within ubermenu seem correct, and pagelines and wordpress both are running the necessary requirements for the plugin. Dan, any progress?

Posted · Report post

Deactivating other active plugins won't make an effect?

Posted · Report post

I'm having the same issue here.. UberMenu was working fine before the recent upgrade; now it doesn't show up at all. Would love to see a solution..

Posted · Report post

Catrina, I don't think so because I installed Pagelines 2.2 theme and UberMenu pluging only on a blank blog and UberMenu is not showing up..

Posted · Report post

It may help to look out for any known solutions for it here: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/20093/2.2-known-issuesfixes (any further insight about this issue would be posted here, too). I'm not too familiar with what may be the conflict/issue between the plugin and the upgrade.

Posted · Report post

Hello,after my testing, I found a way to solve the problem of not showing urbermenu in Pagelines 2.2 above. The Idea comes from the sections can copy and paste. So , First , download the Lagacy 2.1.6 and extract it. Then find the nav folder in sections folder of the pagelines folder. Rename it to something like navold. then edit the section.php find [code]self::$nav_dir = PL_SECTIONS.'/nav'; self::$nav_url = SECTION_ROOT.'/nav';[/code] Replace it to [code]self::$nav_dir = PL_SECTIONS.'/navold'; self::$nav_url = SECTION_ROOT.'/navold';[/code] ps. the "navold" in the code must be the same with the foldername "navold" . Then copy the section "navold" to your pagelines 2.2 above . you can of course use pagelines child theme to keep the edit . So, you won't worry about update pagelines in the future. After that , you can go drag and drop to set the "Navigation" Section to anywhere you want. And the Section will become ubermenu if you setup correctly. Now you will have a section to show your ubermenu. Fantasic. and it can still be controlled by Pagelines>Site options >website setup.

Posted · Report post

Hi, UberMenu as far as I can see, Uber Menu works just fine without having to do what you wrote above. All I did was active the plugin, then go to Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Drag and Drop > Header and make sure the Nav Classic was active. Then go to Wordpress Admin Dashboard > Appearance > Menu > In the top left hand corner under "Activate Uber Menu Locations" Select the location you wish to have the UberMenu active and then make sure that the "Theme Locations" choice matches the "Activate Uber Menu Locations". Refresh your website and the Uber Menu should be working as intended.

Posted · Report post

ya! I forgot the Nav classic !!

Posted · Report post

I accepted my answer, as Uber Menu works with my instructions above.