Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

not sure where to put code

Question

Posted · Report post

I have a content box under my nav-bar where I want to put a slider. When i put the short code in the content box it just displays the short code for the world to see. In the instructions it states: "Inserting a Slider into a theme Template file Use <?php echo do_shortcode("[sugar_slider id=#]"); ?> to display a slider anywhere in your template files." I have no idea where to put the above coding :( I would appreciate assistance. my site Link

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi, You would need to add this to your ContentBox: [code][sugar_slider id=#][/code] and not [code][/code] If that is what you were doing.

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny, No, I have been using the short code [code] [sugar_slider id=#][/code] and all it does is display the short code on my homepage. I have used many different sliders and they simply are not working. One slider showed the slider box and slider controls, but without the pictures I added to the slider.

Posted · Report post

The instructions you cite are for a template, not for addition to the body of a post or page. You'd have to ask the plugin author, which isn't us, unfortunately.