• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 bizint

bizint

Advocate

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:48 PM

I've fixed most of the update issues...but I've got big spaces between my h3 headers... see the front page... http://www.businessinteriors.co.uk/ the lines in the middle should be closer to the headings so its in proportion. The update has probably messed with my css settings...does anyone know how can put it back the way it was so the spacing is correct? Thanks!

#2 bizint

bizint

Advocate

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:11 PM

There seems to be an unusually large gap before and after the "hr" code
which I've used for a dividing line. There wasn't a gap that large before the update?! Strange and very very frustrating... this is on top of a number of issues I've just fixed already... :((

#3 bizint

bizint

Advocate

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:27 PM

Really really frustrated by this update...why should it take so long to "fix" my website after an update? Its bizarre how you guys can send out such a messy update? Can anyone help me at all with this spacing issue...that wasnt an issue before the update. My website looks a mess!

#4 bizint

bizint

Advocate

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:55 PM

Ok Ok...figured it out with firefox....somehow a margin-bottom and margin-toip 21px had "appeared into the coding" somehow... on my way to fixing problem now....zzz sigh...please improve updates

#5 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15163 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:40 PM

Hi Bizint, I am happy to hear you have resolved your issues but we did do considerable testing before releasing the update. Everyone has different setups, layouts, plug-ins installed etc... so it is extremely difficult to make an update go perfectly smooth. We tried our very best and when beta testing, any issues we ran into were resolved during the beta process. We apologise you ran into so many issues, would it be possible to reply here and provide a list of the issues you encountered and what you did to resolve them please.

#6 bizint

bizint

Advocate

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:23 PM

1. A Less Compile Error. PageLines Custom LESS/CSS error. parse error: failed at `/5/ width:462px; / 724px/ height:116px; overflow:hidden; border: 1px dotted red; } ` line: 848 - Fixed by deleting a line of code in custom css 2. Widgets all messed up. For some reason all the widgets in Primary sidebar moved to another sidebar area. As did all the footer widgets move to other widget areas. - Resolved by manually moving all the widgets back into the right toolbar areas. 3. Margins appearing where there had not been any. HR got a 21px margin top and bottom - Resolved with additional css 4. Custom case study page completely broken and "offset" on page http://www.businessi...k/case-studies/ - Not yet resolved, asking and paying pro to look into it and fix. 5. H3 Headers and titles appear larger than before. - Not yet resolved, looks strange. Currently testing custom css to put back as it was All in all....not being an expert. Its taken 3 hours to figure out what has happened and fix myself. Also the custom pages might take longer and cost money. Apart from the site being down, looking bad and losing an evening. Not as bad as the "framework" upgrade from Pro, which was a nightmare, basically a new theme, that cost days of time and money in customisation....but this was still a really poor update which bears out the many other comments from others... :-(

#7 bizint

bizint

Advocate

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:51 PM

To update...my H3 headers....have gone larger... H4 is now the previous size?! I'm going to have to go page by page and change all the h3 tags to h4.... unless anyone knows how to code the h3 down? I already tried h3 {font-size: 90%;} but that doesn't seem to work....so would appreciate a quick way of coding it slightly smaller than changing all to h4 ....I've changed the front page so that works but about 50 lower pages still have h3 and text too large

#8 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:14 AM

Do you have any other CSS controlling h3 and h4?

#9 bizint

bizint

Advocate

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:17 AM

no, not that I'm aware of...see here: body{font-size:11px} #cred {display:none} #attachment-40x40 {padding-top:28px}ul.blogroll li{ background: url(http://www.businessi...ge-arrow-81.gif) no-repeat; background-position: 3px 4px; padding-left: 18px; } #div_postlist td {vertical-align: top; padding-bottom:20px;} #div_postlist p {margin-top:-1px; margin-bottom:-3px;} .fboxtitle h3 {text-transform:uppercase; color:#AFAFAF; border-bottom:1px solid #E9E9E9;margin-bottom:10px; font-family: "Lucida Grande","Lucida Sans Unicode",sans-serif; letter-spacing: 0.1em; font-size:9.9px !important}#div_postlist img {margin-right: 10px;} .breadcrumbs {font-size: 9.9px; color:#AFAFAF; margin-bottom 25px;border-bottom:1px solid; border-bottom-color:#E9E9E9; font-family: "Lucida Grande", "Lucida Sans", "Lucida Sans Unicode", sans-serif;letter-spacing: 0.10em; text-transform: uppercase;} #sidebar1 {padding-top: 12px;} #sidebar2 {padding-top: 20px;} .banners {padding-top: 0px;} #comments table td {text-align: left;} #div-postlist {padding-top: 10px} .widget-title {font: 11px !important;} .hentry table td p, #comments table td p {text-align: left !important;} .hentry ol {margin: 0.0em 0 !important;} ul.sf-menu ul.sub, .p, .hentry ul, -menu, ul.sf-menu ul.children{top:30px;} #feature-area .fcontainer{background:none;} .pagetitle {padding-top: 8px; padding-bottom:4px;} .chicklets {padding-left: 10px !important; padding-right: 10px;} .slideshow-wrapper {background:#F1F1F1; border-width: 0px;} .slideshow-nav {margin-bottom: -5px;} .slideshow-content {margin-bottom: -5px} #pscarousel thumbnails {padding-top: -15px;} .fpost .post-excerpt, .fpost .entry_content {font-size: 1em;} #pullquote {font-family: daniel;} #textwidget {padding-top: 40px;} .associated-post {border-bottom: 1px solid #E9E9E9; margin-bottom: 20px; !important} .banner-media .st_email_large, .banner-media .st_sharethis_large, .banner-media .st_facebook_large, .banner-media .st_twitter_large, .banner-media .st_fblike_large {display: none;} .randomCaseStudy {border-bottom: 1px solid #E9E9E9; } .wpcf7-form {background:#cccccc; padding-left: 19px; padding-top: 19px; padding-bottom: 19px;} #banners div.snap_nopreview {display: none;} .form-allowed-tags {display:none;} .slidedeck_frame .slide {overflow:auto;} .post-excerpt .st_email_large, .post-excerpt .st_facebook_large, .post-excerpt .st_twitter_large, .post-excerpt .st_sharethis_large, .post-excerpt .st_fblike_large {display: none;} .banner-content {display:none} .banner-text {display:none} div.banner-media ol, div.banner-media-pad ol {display: none} .banner-media-pad div {display: none} .hentry h3, .hentry h4, .hentry h5, .hentry h6 {margin: 0.0em 0 0.0em} .banner_container .banner-media {width: 100% !important;} .banner_container .banner-area{padding-bottom: 0; padding-top: 0;} div.banner-media-pad {margin-bottom: -6px} #banners .content-pad {padding-bottom: 0; padding-top: 0px !important;} ul.sub-menu {width: 300px;} .widget_random_case_study {padding: 0px !important} .post-meta {margin-bottom: 0px !important} #breadcrumbs body {line-height: 1 !important} .widget ul li {font-size: 100% !important} .home .breadcrumbs {border-bottom: 0px solid;border-bottom-color: #E9E9E9;} ul.sf-shadow ul.sub-menu, ul.sf-shadow ul.children {background-image: url("http://www.businessinteriors.co.uk/pagelines/sections/nav/images/shadow.png"); background-position: right bottom; padding: 0 6px 7px 0;width: 250px; top: 30px !important;} hr {margin-top: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px}

#10 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15163 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:03 PM

Hi, 1. 1. A Less Compile Error. PageLines Custom LESS/CSS error. parse error: failed at `/5/ width:462px; / 724px/ height:116px; overflow:hidden; border: 1px dotted red; } ` line: 848 This means you have an error in your custom CSS. The LESS CSS system is far less forgiving than normal CSS. so even the smallest error will give you a Parse error. To resolve this either like remove the code given in the Parse error or correct the error. 2. This was an issue with some users, this will never happen again as Sidebar positions have now been hardcoded. This was caused by users having different PHP version as far as I know. 3. Some style changes happend with the update, these were minor but somethings as far as I know had somethings increased/reduced. 4. I think this is caused by either an error in your HTML code, check to see if you have added any custom HTML or it could well be a plug-in. 5. See above.

#11 bizint

bizint

Advocate

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:13 PM

Thanks Danny... it all worked fine before...

#12 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:59 PM

It's possible that before we implemented LESS or the Compiled CSS, some elements were working fine, but with the change, the elements might have changed. Additionally, it appears WP 3.4.1 (which came out around the same time) also changed a bunch of things. I apologize for the confusion and will ask our team to come up with a list of changes.

#13 bizint

bizint

Advocate

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:01 AM

Hi Range....on point 4 I'm in trouble and could really do with some help: Custom case study page completely broken and "offset" on page http://www.businessi...k/case-studies/ The case studies section was custom made, but the developer is too busy to look at it for weeks. Considering it worked fine before the update, please could some take a look at the html in source and tell me where this new conflict is so I can try and fix it myself? The case studies section is our most looked at area.

#14 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15163 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:40 AM

Hi Bizint, Unfortunately, if this is a custom section we will not be able to assist you. As the issue may well be in the PHP code and not a simple HTML issue, which I first thought. I recommend you try to get the developer of the section to resolve your issue or contact one of the PageLines Pros and see if they can assist you. http://www.pagelines.com/pros/

#15 bizint

bizint

Advocate

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:02 AM

Okay I went page by page and changed all the old header 3's to header 4's....zzz