widget area to upper right side of header

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 create180design

create180design

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:12 PM

I would like to PLEASE REQUEST a new drag-drop layout format for your header to be split so that we can add content to the right side of the header - whether below or above the social media. EVERY website we have designed with Pagelines requires us to add something on the right side of the header as it's empty un-used VALUABLE space. I do hope you all are working on something for this as hooks are just not my thing for this. Just a desperate and friendly request to add to the list of requests.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:34 PM

I couldn't agree more with you. Personally, I have a leaderboard in mine, but others want all sorts of things in the header and we should have such a section to just drop what we want in that section. I'm continuing to press the developers for this, and happy you wrote because it justifies my request. Meanwhile, I'm sure you know this can be done, but requires a hook (which is really easy to do). If you need help, please don't hesitate to ask.

#3 create180design

create180design

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:22 PM

Thank you for your response. The last time I tried a hook I missed one little thing and the whole site crashed. I am not a code developer so writing a hook is like writing in a foreign language. I hope that the developers will add this feature in soon. Thanks again!

#4 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

Check out the new Hero section: http://demo.pageline...ework/sections/

#5 create180design

create180design

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:49 PM

OK. But I don't see how that will resolve the header...

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:09 AM

Have you tried it out to see how it can help out in some way? It may not be the exact solution you're looking for, but it can be an alternative solution for now.

#7 sakkthi subramaniyam

sakkthi subramaniyam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Framework Version:Latest version

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:05 PM

Add my vote for this. I would love having a widget in header, opposite to logo so we can place some widgets, place some announcement , social icons etc. Thanks, sakkthi

#8 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2005 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:46 PM

Hi, if I understand you go: 1. Login to your Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop 2. Select the "Header Template", then drag and drop the "Universal Sidebar" in to the header and position it above every other section you have in the template. 3. Now navigate to Appearances > Widgets, then add a "Text Widget" to the "Universal Sidebar". 4. Add your HTML code for an image and link into the "Text Widget". Once you have completed these steps, you can change position it with CSS.

#9 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15103 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:28 AM

@create180design Thank you for the suggestion, I'm sure the developers will take this into consideration.