Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Website nuked by the upgrade...how can I undo? What happened?

12 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

My website is nuked...what on earth happened...what is a compile error? PageLines Custom LESS/CSS error. parse error: failed at `/5/ width:462px; / 724px/ height:116px; overflow:hidden; border: 1px dotted red; } ` line: 848 And my website is absolutely nuked!!! PLease please fast assistance! James

Posted · Report post

www.businessinteriors.co.uk/

Posted · Report post

Hi Simon - Custom code all below... body{font-size:11px} #cred {display:none} #attachment-40x40 {padding-top:28px}ul.blogroll li{ background: url( orange-arrow-81.gif) no-repeat; background-position: 3px 4px; padding-left: 18px; } #div_postlist td {vertical-align: top; padding-bottom:20px;} #div_postlist p {margin-top:-1px; margin-bottom:-3px;} .fboxtitle h3 {text-transform:uppercase; color:#AFAFAF; border-bottom:1px solid #E9E9E9;margin-bottom:10px; font-family: "Lucida Grande","Lucida Sans Unicode",sans-serif; letter-spacing: 0.1em; font-size:9.9px !important}#div_postlist img {margin-right: 10px;} .breadcrumbs {font-size: 9.9px; color:#AFAFAF; margin-bottom 25px;border-bottom:1px solid; border-bottom-color:#E9E9E9; font-family: "Lucida Grande", "Lucida Sans", "Lucida Sans Unicode", sans-serif;letter-spacing: 0.10em; text-transform: uppercase;} #sidebar1 {padding-top: 12px;} #sidebar2 {padding-top: 20px;} .banners {padding-top: 0px;} #comments table td {text-align: left;} #div-postlist {padding-top: 10px} .widget-title {font: 11px !important;} .hentry table td p, #comments table td p {text-align: left !important;} .hentry ol {margin: 0.0em 0 !important;} ul.sf-menu ul.sub, .p, .hentry ul, -menu, ul.sf-menu ul.children{top:30px;} #feature-area .fcontainer{background:none;} .pagetitle {padding-top: 8px; padding-bottom:4px;} .chicklets {padding-left: 10px !important; padding-right: 10px;} #thumbnails {text-align: left; margin: 0 auto; float: left; /5/ width:462px; / 724px/ height:116px; overflow:hidden; border: 1px dotted red; } .slideshow-wrapper {background:#F1F1F1; border-width: 0px;} .slideshow-nav {margin-bottom: -5px;} .slideshow-content {margin-bottom: -5px} #pscarousel thumbnails {padding-top: -15px;} .fpost .post-excerpt, .fpost .entry_content {font-size: 1em;} #pullquote {font-family: daniel;} #textwidget {padding-top: 40px;} .associated-post {border-bottom: 1px solid #E9E9E9; margin-bottom: 20px; !important} .banner-media .st_email_large, .banner-media .st_sharethis_large, .banner-media .st_facebook_large, .banner-media .st_twitter_large, .banner-media .st_fblike_large {display: none;} .randomCaseStudy {border-bottom: 1px solid #E9E9E9; } .wpcf7-form {background:#cccccc; padding-left: 19px; padding-top: 19px; padding-bottom: 19px;} #banners div.snap_nopreview {display: none;} .form-allowed-tags {display:none;} .slidedeck_frame .slide {overflow:auto;} .post-excerpt .st_email_large, .post-excerpt .st_facebook_large, .post-excerpt .st_twitter_large, .post-excerpt .st_sharethis_large, .post-excerpt .st_fblike_large {display: none;} .banner-content {display:none} .banner-text {display:none} div.banner-media ol, div.banner-media-pad ol {display: none} .banner-media-pad div {display: none} .hentry h3, .hentry h4, .hentry h5, .hentry h6 {margin: 0.0em 0 0.0em} .banner_container .banner-media {width: 100% !important;} .banner_container .banner-area{padding-bottom: 0; padding-top: 0;} div.banner-media-pad {margin-bottom: -6px} #banners .content-pad {padding-bottom: 0; padding-top: 0px !important;} ul.sub-menu {width: 300px;} .widget_random_case_study {padding: 0px !important} .post-meta {margin-bottom: 0px !important} #breadcrumbs body {line-height: 1 !important} .widget ul li {font-size: 100% !important} .home .breadcrumbs {border-bottom: 0px solid;border-bottom-color: #E9E9E9;} ul.sf-shadow ul.sub-menu, ul.sf-shadow ul.children {background-image: url(" shadow.png"); background-position: right bottom; padding: 0 6px 7px 0;width: 250px; top: 30px !important;}

Posted · Report post

Use the paste url i posted, the forum destroys code and makes debugging impossible.

Posted · Report post

no problems...pasted to paste url....

Posted · Report post

Here is the line causing issues: #thumbnails {text-align: left; margin: 0 auto; float: left; /5/ width:462px; / 724px/ height:116px; overflow:hidden; border: 1px dotted red; } I bolded the bad area.

Posted · Report post

Simon - that fixed the compile error (I have no idea where that custom css cam from - but anyway it was no problem before the upgrade)....but now also the widgets are in the wrong places....my footers all wrong....everything is all over the shop?

Posted · Report post

Well i cant tell whats going on, you have 2.1.6 running now as far as i can tell, or at least some of it.

Posted · Report post

Hi Simon...thanks for your help. All my widgets got messed up...I've moved them manually to the right place now. All my headers have suddenly got more spaces in them - but I'll figure it out. Is their any chance you can look at this discussion for me again! You did post a great fix... but it was for categories and I need to change to tags! Pretty pleeeassseee?! http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/17944/unique-content-in-tag-and-category-page-without-framework-in-platformpro/p1

Posted · Report post

Hi bizint. I have recently carried out an upgrade to Pagelines v 2.3.6, and the site got completely mucked up. I have removed pagelines for now and using a basic WP theme, as it seems to work. My issue seems to be a strange wpcf7_captcha directory that was created in the Uploads directory. When that is removed the site then works with Pagelines, albeit with some items requiring reorganising. However, I have noticed that this directory will be recreated every time Pagelines is re-activated and eventually the site gets screwed again. I totally removed the wpcf7 plugin, but that does not resolve things. Having gone on a bit, I was wondering whether you got your site back in order, and if so was it something to do with wpcf7?

I am really disappointed that the Pagelines update mucked things up, as I have carried out several updates in the past with no problem, and having forked out a lot of money for this premium theme, that I would get a bit more support. I have not installed anything new on the site for quite some time, so it must be something to do with Pagelines causing the issue.

Posted · Report post

This issue, from july, was caused by some weird custom css. Please open a new topic, unless of course you happen to have the same weird css in which case remove it.