Secondary nav not showing when set to "Use Child Pages For Secondary Nav"

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ivanom

ivanom

• Members

• 3 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:45 AM

I am trying to show child pages on secondary nav. Following docs I checked "Use Child Pages For Secondary Nav?" in Site Options > Header and Footer, main menu is hierarchically organized as needed, Secondary Nav section is active in Header area and on page level. But child pages are not showing. All works fine disabling "Use Child Pages For Secondary Nav?" and selecting a Secondary Navigation Menu on page level.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17015 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:57 AM

Hi, Would it be possible to reply and post a link to where your child pages are please. As I have visited your website and from what I can see all your drop down menu items are categories and sub categories.

#3 ivanom

ivanom

• Members

• 3 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:03 PM

As you can see there is a mix of child items: post, page, category and also custom. First one (Polizze per Stranieri) could be a good example. Thanks for your reply!

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:03 PM

I think there is some confusion here. The drop down menu items are not Secondary Navigation. They are Sub Navigation. Secondary navigation is not a drop down capable menu. It's a single line, usually applied below the Primary navigation. The option you're mentioning "Use Child Pages for Secondary Nav" is to include child pages in a horizontal menu. So, if you're on the About Us page (for example), you might see the child pages for that page. Those are created when you select About Us as the parent page in a child page. You're looking for "Automatically add new top-level pages" in the Primary menu. Go to Dashboard > Appearance > Menus and at the top of your Primary menu, you'll see a check box next to that phrase. Check it and new pages will be added to your menu. These will be PARENT level. Not child level.

#5 ivanom

ivanom

• Members

• 3 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:43 PM

Maybe I am not able to explain my needs in english but reading my first post I do not understand what is wrong in my question. I WANT to enable secondary nav (the orizontal menu) but, as I wrote, it does not works, also disabling drop down navigation.. This is not the first time I use this feature (see

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

) The only difference is in the frameaork version, not yet upgraded in the working one.

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17015 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:30 PM

Hi Ivanom, The image you supplied above is showing a custom menu you have created with child menu items. The Secondary navigation is supposed to display child pages/categories etc.. if you view my screenshot below you will see what I am referring too.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content