Photo
- - - - -

unidentifiable white space in boxes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 wonderwoman

wonderwoman

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:18 AM

I have a strange thing I cannot find using firebug. On the page

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

, you'll see a box with an image and private consultations text over the graphic. You'll also then see a white space between the bottom of the image and the border. The green border is a css styling which can be used around any picture. The images are done using boxes, and inserting the graphic in the box image. The end result I'm trying to achieve is what you see on the home page. These graphics also use boxes. The difference being, I've had to use the text area to insert and format the image. To get it looking right, I'm using html code. I'm trying to use the box image, as it's easier overall, and my client will be able to manage it herself. Yet I'm unable to identify what that mysterious white space is so that I can prevent it from showing and get the same result as what's "hard coded" using text. Can anyone see what I'm missing?

#2 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2111 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:00 AM

Hi
You can prove
Add this to your CSS rules

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I hope you serve.

#3 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2111 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:11 AM

@wonderwoman I think there is still a white space smaller. I'm missing too, I??m a newbie try to learn helping, sorry I can not find the solution. :(

#4 wonderwoman

wonderwoman

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:57 AM

Thanks Batman. Sadly hasn't solved the problem. Will keep working at it.

#5 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16358 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:12 AM

Hi Womerwoman, Can you provide the code you have added to the box and also screenshots please. Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

#6 wonderwoman

wonderwoman

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:43 AM

HI Danny I ended up placing the image in the text area and formatting it from there. Couldn't solve the problem any other way and I had to get the site out. Ends up being too complex for a user to do, but it worked. If I ever decide to do that again, I'll try not to be pushing up against a deadline when I'm asking you for help. Thank you, nevertheless. Feel free to close this entry.